Wax Problem?

I have what at first looked like water spots on most of the exterior of my car, but they don't come off after washing or drying the car. I think that the problem is that the last coat of wax that was put on the car is starting to break down. I used a clay bar (Meguires) and removed some dirt from the finish, but was not able to remove the spots. My next thought is to completely strip the wax off and re-wax. Has anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem with water spots and also swirl marks, what I did was.......wash and dry the car (I use a leaf blower to dry my car, no towel of any kind has ever been used to dry it) then I clay barred the entire car with a Meguiars Bar, 3X3' sections at a time using ALOT of the quick detailer spray to keep it very lubricated (that took like 3 hours maybe) then I used Meguiars Ultimate Compound (I use a 6" orbital buffer to apply the compound/wax, I have a 10" as well, which I use to remove the compound/wax) doing 3X3 sections at a time, I would use the 6" buffer to apply the compound and the 10" buffer to remove the compound that way I did not have to keep changing pads, be sure to constantly clean the pad or microfiber towel you use to remove the compound, it will get clogged and just spread it around ( by cleaning I mean, if you're using a buffer just turn it on and use your fingers to remove it while its spinning, if you're using a microfiber towel just shake it out really good after you wipe small sections and turning it to a different side often, the more the better. That process took about 4 hours, and finally I used several microfiber towels and went around the entire car wiping it as clean as I could get it and then I used Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax applied to the entire car at once with my 6' buffer {a thin even coat} (keep off rubber, cloth, and non painted surfaces) let it dry completely and remove with microfiber towel or buffer, cleaning the pad often or turning your microfiber towel and cleaning it often as well......finally use a several CLEAN microfiber towels for the final wipe down.

This worked wonders for me, removed all the water spots and 95% of the swirl marks, go to youtube and search "how to properly use a DA polisher/buffer and you will see exactly how to do it. DA polisher is the best, but an orbital buffer will work just fine as well, you can go to Walmart and pick one up for about 20-25 bucks. Just be sure to get the correct pads for each application.

**Dont use just any compound, use something like Meguiars Ultimate, its not really not that abrasive and wont remove much of the clear coat if used properly.***

I am by NO MEANS an expert at this, but I did this procedure and it worked perfect for me and did no damage to my paint.

Just take your time (in my case took me like 12 hours to do the whole process, but was entirely worth it) I also decided to try NU Finish Polish a few weeks later and was extremely impressed with the ease of applying it and the removal, did that 2 months ago, and the water is still beading off the car.

Best of luck, maybe someone who has more experience will chime in and provide you an easier way or maybe even correct any mistakes I may have made in my process.

Anyway, I truly hope this may help you out some :nice: