WAY OFF TOPIC.......

• Sponsors (?)

2nd Mustang said:
Good old eggs and hash brown breakfast, burgers with heaping serving of fries, pie ala modes, hot turkey sandwiches, coffee, and a place to sit and shoot the bull! I don't mean the Golden Arches, Le Jack in le Box, or Burger King either!
There are fewer and fewer of them every day.......:(....................the kinda place that was run by Margie and Joe the fry cook, and Margie was always refreshing your cup............:)
:flag:

damn, i guess my age is showing again!

We've got a place like that in my town, called, "Around the Corner Resturant". It's been there since the 60's or 70's at least. Saturday mornings, the place is packed, hard to find a seat. Only open for breakfast and lunch and they open at like 5 am and shut down at 2 pm. Six bucks will get you a full breakfast and cover the tip.

2nd Mustang said:
Good old eggs and hash brown breakfast, burgers with heaping serving of fries, pie ala modes, hot turkey sandwiches, coffee, and a place to sit and shoot the bull! I don't mean the Golden Arches, Le Jack in le Box, or Burger King either!

That ain't a coffee shop, that's a diner, and St. Paul is lousy with em! Mickey's diner (2 locations), Day by Day Cafe, Keys Cafe (5 locations), man, I got 'em everywhere

Max Power said:
That ain't a coffee shop, that's a diner, and St. Paul is lousy with em! Mickey's diner (2 locations), Day by Day Cafe, Keys Cafe (5 locations), man, I got 'em everywhere

I bet your town has quite a few muscle/classic cars too. I've seen a younger kid with a 65 fastback, a 55 Bowtie and a project Nova parked next to my car at the storage yard. That's it, everything else has FWD and coffee can mufflers around here.

2nd Mustang said:
Uh, could be a symptom of the area where you live... Southern California is notorious for its pop culture corporate Hollywood "fabulousness". Hell, even here in the home of Starsucks, Seattle, there are plenty of diner/coffee shop type places. If you ever get up this way, stop by Beth's on Aurora... it's a Seattle institution... a complete hole that serves 12 egg omlettes and bottomless hashbrowns and you can have a decent breakfast for under $6, which is a decent deal in Seattle. If you don't like smoke and grease, stay out. :nice:

Oh, and as an alternative, IHOP and Dennys are still decent places to grab a cup 'o joe and shoot the crap. I know they're corporate, but at least you're not likely to get food poisoning. :)

TazerRE said:
Darkbuddha...

I'm with you.

Beths is a COMPLETE HOLE.
But isn't that part of the "charm"? It is a complete hole, dingy, if not downright dirty, and completely invisible unless you're looking for it. What I can't believe is that there is a freaking long line if you go after 9am. We used to actually prefer the Aurora Restaurant before they got rid of their non-smoking section and changed management. Ultimately, if I want a decent homestyle breakfast we go to the Maltby Cafe out in Maltby... sure it's a drive, but the food is good and the atmosphere is homey. :nice:

2nd Mustang said:
I bet your town has quite a few muscle/classic cars too. I've seen a younger kid with a 65 fastback, a 55 Bowtie and a project Nova parked next to my car at the storage yard. That's it, everything else has FWD and coffee can mufflers around here.

I dunno, I guess the weather keeps em in hiding 6 months out of the year. Southern Cal used to have great diners during the Googie era, but I am afraid the Big Boy restaurants and their ilk are getting fewer and farther between. Most of it has gone to the health nuts out there, where you can get grass on 27 grain toast for $9!

Max Power said:
I dunno, I guess the weather keeps em in hiding 6 months out of the year. Southern Cal used to have great diners during the Googie era, but I am afraid the Big Boy restaurants and their ilk are getting fewer and farther between. Most of it has gone to the health nuts out there, where you can get grass on 27 grain toast for $9!
If I want grass, I'll graze with the cattle!:nonono:

2nd Mustang said:

Huh? Wah? If I remember correctly you are in North OC area? Fullerton/brea/plac somewhere like that? You need to float down my way (Huntington Beach). Tons of muscle/classics. AND there are several good diner style coffee shops in the area; Dalstons in Cypress, Jons in HB, Harbor House in Sunset Beach