WC T5 Whining after rebuild

Snow5.0

Apr 16, 2012
Hello all,
I am new here and this is my first post on here. I just rebuilt my T5 WC and got it back in the stang. I drove it a few miles the day I put it back in to make sure everything was working which everything sounded fine and shifted nicely. The next day I went to dinner and everything was still good, after dinner everything wasn't so good I gave it a little gas and since then 1st-3rd & 5th whine. The sound is like when your in reverse.

I have done some reading and I understand why 4th doesn't make the noise but as for the other four gears i have read a range of answers from it's what T5's do to it's going to explode the next time I drive it. I am hoping someone could maybe pin point it a little better for me. I know these things are hard to diagnose with out hearing it or seeing it, but would just like some advise. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I cant remember the brand off hand, I ordered the rebuild kit from a friend that works at a trans shop. they looked the same as the ones I pulled off of it.

Well just an update I was headed home from work and the trans made a grinding noise and got stuck in 4th, so I pulled over to the side of the road and was able to get it back to neutral and got in home. So I pulled it out of the car last night and i'm going to open it up tonight and take a look.

Ok, it's a late up date but none the less here it is, I finally got the T5 back out and opened up and much to my dismay. I would consider myself pretty lucky in the grand scheme of things, I was looking and expecting to find complete carnage or something so little it would not pop right away. What I found as it was staring me right in the face was a twisted and mutilated front input shaft cone bearing.

cfb5f879.jpg

2bca1c58.jpg

So I have ordered a new cone bearing and because the inner bearing race was cooked.....would not budge under a 20Ton press, I am also getting a new input shaft.