We bought a fastback.....what to do

Dude, that is an awesome idea. The ONLY problem I can see is trying to sell a car for that much money when we're done. Maybe we can even put a systematic ATF drip in the down pipe to really get the effect of a junker.

Pretty much what we're thinking, except the CJ aspect of it. Guess that is what it would end up being though.

gotta do the plain vanilla wrapper to pull it off though and no flashy chrome wheels either.

• Sponsors (?)

Bigger tires in the rear. More offset in the wheels (deep lip). Lower stance. Torque thrusts with natural centers, green, and most of the stock chrome.

The one Renn is building is just a pretty cruiser. Mine would be much more brutal.

Bigger tires in the rear. More offset in the wheels (deep lip). Lower stance. Torque thrusts with natural centers, green, and most of the stock chrome.

The one Renn is building is just a pretty cruiser. Mine would be much more brutal.

ok. it'll be EFI'd, with either an IRS rear or a 3 link. he bought the car with the M-II already installed or he'd probably go with the RRS strut package too. no, it won't be as brutal as waht you're talking about but i bet it won't be a slouch. Reen if you read this i think the gauntlet has been thrown down...LOL

I like the idea of a Bullitt clone. I say use a windsor (stroked or not) with 6 speed. Keep it simple, and do the upgrades in sleeper style. Ive always loved the sleeper style, so make it look stock or stockish, but go like stink! Unfortunately, I have a feeling Im arguing a losing proposition.

I like the idea of a Bullitt clone. I say use a windsor (stroked or not) with 6 speed. Keep it simple, and do the upgrades in sleeper style. Ive always loved the sleeper style, so make it look stock or stockish, but go like stink! Unfortunately, I have a feeling Im arguing a losing proposition.

that's what 70 nitrouseater and myself both suggested too, sleeper. i say give them a tiny hint by painting like the 68 1/2 CJ cars, white with the flat black stripe down the center of the hood and 15" GT wheels, the argent painted ones bot the chrome ones, but don't give anything else away. oh, you will need the cj style scoop too, like the 69 mach 1 but those aren't the least bit threatening. keep the exhaust nice and quiet and run a small duration cam but those work better with turbo's anyway....;)

I think i would stay with an 8.2 block. 9.5 blocks eat up too much room. If you are planing on more HP than a T-70 will make, you will need an aftermarket block anyway, just ask Paul. And while you are at it get the big bore block. I think they will go 370ci if you want. I would go the 4.125x3.25 bore and stroke for a 347. With a turbo it will still make over 1000hp and tq. Packaging will be a ton easier too.

I vote for keeping it mostly stock looking with little details on it that are not immediately noticable, but makes do a double take leaving you looking at it asking yourself what it is that your missing that makes the car all that much better then the one next to it, on the outside, but when you start it up you can notice the difference with the growl of the motor. Shaved bolts on the bumpers, clean up the body and leave just enough trim to keep them guessing. :)

People are hitting on ALOT of things that we are thinking,too. Can't let the cat out of the bag quite yet though....

We had some time this weekend and decided to start the boring part of getting it down.
strippedfbel7.jpg

drillingspotweldfb6.jpg

Attachments

• strippedfbel7.jpg
    strippedfbel7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 57
  • drillingspotweldfb6.jpg
    drillingspotweldfb6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 37
Then about 4hrs later
cowlremovedix4.jpg

cowlremoved1nl8.jpg

cowlundersidezg5.jpg

edit: pics aren't coming up- will try again later
We tested the cowl and it was good. But with the rest of the car in the shape it was, we figured it wasn't far out. Even then ended up not too bad. But we wanted to put new metal in because it was rusted, even though not directly in the normal spots.
The underside is getting a light blast and then the grill will be shaved. It does kinda defeat the purpose to cover the cowl after it's been replaced. But we figure it'll add value, and we want it done right, with no problems later.

Attachments

• cowlremovedix4.jpg
    cowlremovedix4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 34
  • cowlremoved1nl8.jpg
    cowlremoved1nl8.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 52
  • cowlundersidezg5.jpg
    cowlundersidezg5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 47