Weatherstrip glue

• Sponsors (?)

Get the right glue, you should be able to find weatherstrip adheasive at tyour local parts store. 3M makes the best, they offer two different types, one is black and is called weatherstrip adhesive the other is yellow in color it is called Super weatherstrip adhesive. The super is bteer but being yellow in color, and that squeezes out is visible.

66HertzClone said:
3M makes the best, they offer two different types, one is black and is called weatherstrip adhesive the other is yellow in color it is called Super weatherstrip adhesive. The super is bteer but being yellow in color, and that squeezes out is visible.

Good old booger snot :rolleyes: I didnt find out they made a black color until i finished mine with the yellow, oh well :)

GaPonyFarm said:
If its not black, don't use it unless you're a professional. That yellow "snot" is really messy. You can get the black 3M from almost any parts store.

Phooey. The black adhesive is worthless. Use the yellow and if you get some in areas you don't want it just let it dry completely and then used the 3M weatherstrip adhesive cleaner to remove the excess. It will not only look good now but the weathestrip will actually stay in place. I used this method 8 years ago on my 57 T-Bird and it still looks new.

Well, the stuff I used was made by Permatex and it is a clear liquid that seems like it would not hold very well, but again this is not a door window weatherstrip - it is on the trunk and I would think even bubblegum would hold that one on for the short period of time the trunk lid stays open...