Weighed my coupe today...

Well, I managed to get my coupe to a weigh scale today. It had 1/4 tank of gas, a battery charger and a large socket set in the trunk.

To my amazement...it was 2950lbs! Still have all my interior and sound deadening etc in it, which I will be removing soon, along with my air bag and a couple other things. Might get it under 2900lbs with all that stuff gone :D

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmmm and some of the peeps around here don't seem to think my car could weigh less than 2800lbs....

LoL i've gotta get my heads done so i can hit the scales. It's gonna be hilarious.

My notch came in at 2860 without me in it. Smog pump, a/c, sound deadening, spare tire and jack, no power options (except mirrors) and a variety of small things taken out, and aluminum heads. Next step is fiberglass hood and trunk.

I don't see a Gt weighing 180lbs more. Brackets/lights or not.

My lx hatch weighed 3160 with aluminum heads/subframes.

bloodreign - What all things have you done to lose weight? Power windows? Power locks? K-member? Removed a/c? etc...etc...

I agree with millhouse!

I don't see a Gt weighing 180lbs more. Brackets/lights or not.

My lx hatch weighed 3160 with aluminum heads/subframes.

bloodreign - What all things have you done to lose weight? Power windows? Power locks? K-member? Removed a/c? etc...etc...

I agree with millhouse!

Well, the car has power mirrors, windows and locks and it big ass 408 sitting on the front end....on the weight reduction side, I haven't actually REMOVED anything yet really, but I have the Maximum Grip box from MM. Check out my sig.

I'm probly gonna toss out the sound deadening, windshield washer reservoir and a few other things to get it in the 28xx range, but I intend on keeping full interior :D

Let's see.....a GT typically has power everything, ground effects (which i don't know if anyone realises, but there's quite a bit of weight there), more sound deadening material, heavier seats, and that's aside from the added weight of the hatch over the coupe.