Weight Distribution

SGray14

Feb 20, 2008
Michigan
Does anyone know the weight distribution of 1999 GT convertible? I know the curb weight is 3,375 pounds. I want to know the weight at each wheel. I want to buy some wheel dollies for the winter, and I want to buy the right weight capacity for the car. Any help would be great

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The Convertibles run about 140 pounds more than coupes. Like CobraRed said, most of that additional weight is in the rear related to the convertible assembly and stiffening. Going off of those numbers, we could estimate your rear weight as 1600lbs, or 800 a tire. On average, 17" tires weigh about 25lbs each, so you're looking 825 per side in the rear, and 975-1000 including tires in the front.

The Convertibles run about 140 pounds more than coupes. Like CobraRed said, most of that additional weight is in the rear related to the convertible assembly and stiffening. Going off of those numbers, we could estimate your rear weight as 1600lbs, or 800 a tire. On average, 17" tires weigh about 25lbs each, so you're looking 825 per side in the rear, and 975-1000 including tires in the front.
i believe curb weight accounts for tire weight, so it'd be more like +2-5lbs a wheel over stock. I was more accounting for real life weight like battery, gas, spare tire and anything in trunk/cabin