weight of 03 cobra wheels (chrome vs machined) info

this may not be very useful to most people on this furum so please dont flame me this is just a informational post for the people that were interested in this as i was a while back.

i recently got off the phone with afs wheels about there 2003 cobra wheels they told me the weights were as following:

17x10.5 27 lbs. (chrome)
17x10.5 26.5 lbs. (machined)

i only post this because i my self and i noticed others weree going to get the machined over chrome because of WEIGHT issues well as u can see there is no significant difference between these two wheels so buy whatever style you want :)

• Sponsors (?)

zgarske1038 said:
this may not be very useful to most people on this furum so please dont flame me this is just a informational post for the people that were interested in this as i was a while back.

i recently got off the phone with afs wheels about there 2003 cobra wheels they told me the weights were as following:

17x10.5 27 lbs. (chrome)
17x10.5 26.5 lbs. (machined)

i only post this because i my self and i noticed others weree going to get the machined over chrome because of WEIGHT issues well as u can see there is no significant difference between these two wheels so buy whatever style you want :)

heck no man, any info is good info! Thanks, I just ordered me some Chromies and was worried about the weight a little. Keep the info comin man :nice:

I bought a set of Stock (not replica) 03 Crome Cobra wheels with 285/40 17's, they were only 6 lbs heavier than my stock GT 245/45 17's. That really kinda surprised me, I fugured there would be a larger difference in weight.

well all in all 6lbs is not a big deal by itself, but when you add it up to all for corners it makes a significant difference. That would be 24lbs of rotational mass added which would = to about 240lbs of unsprung weight which would make about a .1-.2 sec. difference. At least this is what I experience when I switched over to 03 cobra's w/ 275/40 all around. Now that I got a blower, doesnt make that much of a difference :)

jbritt1234 said:
I bought a set of Stock (not replica) 03 Crome Cobra wheels with 285/40 17's, they were only 6 lbs heavier than my stock GT 245/45 17's. That really kinda surprised me, I fugured there would be a larger difference in weight.

stock GT wheel is 17X8, and stock Cobra is 17X9. 6lbs is negregible I think.

I went with 18X9 and 18X10.5 chrome 03 from ASF. it might be bit heavier, but
"bling bling" facter was hard to ignore :D
Especialy chrom 18" on true ble GT that is soon to be lowered..... :hail2: