Weird clutch Grip point?????

• Sponsors (?)

GinoGT said:
Lots of people have SPEC clutches, but the quality seems to be hit or miss.

Never heard anything but compliments about McLeod clutches. :nice:

I am by no means the expert, since I still have my stock clutch...

But yeah, I agree with Gino here, I have heard that McLeod are real good, and I have read on here hit and miss with the spec2 clutches. Let us know what you go for and what the results are :flag:

I kinda like the clutch that high up, keeps me from missing shifts.But the other day it wasnt quite high enough, because I think I let out of the clutch too fast and wasnt shifting quite as fast as normal when going through the gears and I guess my foot went as fast as normal and I was like at the top of the clutch when I went to go into 3rd and it stopped for a split second and somehow I reacted very fast and pushed in the clutch a lttle right before I fully let off(probably in the slack area) and then it popped in gear.Otherwise I havnt had any probablems with shifting and the clutch position.But it sure is hard to drive my dads 00 V6 after being used to driving the GT...the V6 pedal is VERY light and seems to go WAY down to the floor, but it ingages at about the same area from the top as the GT.So I guess the ALMOST AS SOON AS YOU TOUCH IT, IT INGAGES clutch is normal.Does it slow down YOUR shifts?I cant tell, because I dont think I push the clutch ALL the way down when I am speed shifting, but I could be wrong....not to brag or anything, but when I hit the gears the car just jerks forward and does not drop then pick up (like I have seen sooooo many mustangs do at the track), maybe for a split second when I let push in the clutch, but nothing noticable, the front end stays up.I have been told alot that I am a fast shifter though, but I sucked the first week had it and you could see the fron drop when I shifted....like you see at the track, maybe worse.

I dont think it slows down my shifting too much either. My biggest problem is when i dont need to shift fast...like around town driving. It sucks that the clutch is so high....im ordering the steeda adjuster and that little braket to reposition the pedal....that should do it.

Well we just put the MM Clutch Pedal Adjuster on my wife's 01 GT - And it was all smiles!!!! What a difference - it's perfect!!! I actually installed it all the way in toward the firewall (it was exactly level with the brake pedal), but backed it out a bit so it's just above the brake pedal. Tomorrow I'll fiddle with the firewall adjuster to be sure it's not putting too much pressure on the TOB, but otherwise it's set and it's perfect. MANY THANKS to lasrred99gt, who, I believe, was the first to suggest this product. :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :D :D :D :banana: :banana: :banana:

Mine Grabs high also. I drove several other '03 GT's and they all had the same clutch grab point as mine so i wrote it off as normal. Judgeing by other posts here, i guess it is normal.

The only 5-spd cars i have ever driven are Mustangs. I learned to drive stick on Foxs with stiff clutch pedals. The clutch pedal in my '03 is effortless compared to what i learned on. I've never driven a hydraulic clutch so i have no clue what it feels like.

I like where my clutch grabs. My '03 is the first 5-spd that i drive often enough to get to know it very well. I NEVER even knew that where it grabbed was high until i let someone who has driven other 5-spds drive my car. After he told me it grabbed high, i went out and drove several other 5-spd '03 GT's but they all grabbed in the same spot.

I wrote it off as normal and i'm used to it...just as i'm used to the notchy 1-2 shift with this lovely T-3650

twogts4us said:
Well we just put the MM Clutch Pedal Adjuster on my wife's 01 GT - And it was all smiles!!!! What a difference - it's perfect!!! I actually installed it all the way in toward the firewall (it was exactly level with the brake pedal), but backed it out a bit so it's just above the brake pedal. Tomorrow I'll fiddle with the firewall adjuster to be sure it's not putting too much pressure on the TOB, but otherwise it's set and it's perfect. MANY THANKS to lasrred99gt, who, I believe, was the first to suggest this product. :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :D :D :D :banana: :banana: :banana:

:nice: