weird front end squeek.

foghorn67

I'll save you the time and choke myself
Founding Member
Jan 10, 2002
Orange County, CA
From the drivers side. If I push the car up and down by the driver's fender it squeeks and creaks. When turning it does this as well. I had a problem similiar to this on the other side, and it was the upper control arm bushing. My grease gun won't fit on the zerk fitting. because it is really close to the shock tower.

on my new problomatic side, there are no zerk fittings on the upper control arm. :mad:

I shot it yesterday with liquid wrench, still squeeked. Then I tried the valvoline synthetic spray lube. Then it went away for a few hours. now it's back, and embarassing. loud as hell to hear over the exhaust and valvetrain.

can it be anything else besides the control arm? i ended up shooting everything with liquid wrench today during my lunch hour out of frustration, and it still makes noise.
how easy/hard is it to put zerk fittings on the control arm?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Most likely it the coil spring sadle bushings that squeeks. If you put in poly bushing and didnt rap the bushing in white teflon tape then it WILL squeek.
If you still have stock bushings then there probably stuck and squeek.

TOM B said:
Most likely it the coil spring sadle bushings that squeeks. If you put in poly bushing and didnt rap the bushing in white teflon tape then it WILL squeek.
If you still have stock bushings then there probably stuck and squeek.
saddle would be the bottom one, i call it the perch. is that the same thing. yes they are the red poly performance crap.

Mike Wyatt said:
This may be a shot in the dark- but try the hood bumpers. Adjust the one on the side that squeaks by turning it in to make less contact.
Well....you are wrong, but...you are on the right track. Last night I brushed the bumper as I was walking by my car and it squeeked loud. Then I grabbed the bumper with both hands and tried to move it up and down.
It didn't move much, but the noise is less frequent now.
:shrug: