weird gumm in my valve covers?

hey guys hows it going? I dont post much but i am a regular reader. My question is, I have a 408 stroker in my mustang. I am running the victor 5.8 efi manifold, this manifold does not have a pcv valve. My valve covers have a breather piped into them, it is a -12an line that runs to both covers then into a catch can with a k&n airfilter. I recently pulled my valve covers off to do some rocker adjustments and the underside of my valve covers were coated with a white colored slippery substance? So i cleaned the inside of the covers, changed the oil and then reassembled started the car again, and only about 30 mins later i felt the inside of the cover and the white substance is back! anyone ever have this before? Is this caused bye my breather system or what? thanks alot guys. let me note good oil pressure! and no white smoke from the exhaust or antifrezze in the oil? Tim

• Sponsors (?)

i know when i had a mazda RX8, i had that all over my dipstick. the RX8 guys told me it was from not warming the engine up enough in the mornings (due to it being a rotary). i dont know if that is the case with your engine or not. what type of oil are you using

This is usually caused by condensation from the engine running. If you have any aluminum parts, (Intake, valve covers, heads, ect.) it will be worse. I see this on my big block and my 5.0 it’s common and shouldn’t be a problem, it does get worse if you don’t have a PCV or if you PCV is worn out.