weird vibration in the ol' frankencar

StangLou

Jul 9, 2003
Holly Springs, NC
Heres the scenario...

'90 5.0 Auto with a Cobra upper/lower intake, Mac L/T's, custom catted mid, custom catback, Mac 70mm TB, UDP, and a 9" K&N conical. Before the LT install the car was running great, at idle you almost couldnt tell it was running. Everything was super smooth feeling.
I got my LT's on and now I feel a vibration in the floorboard and pretty much in the entire freaking car. Its only noticable when the car is sitting really. Once it gets moving and I give it gas, it feels perfectly smooth, and runs/shifts great. You can feel it again as the car decelerates, and downshifts when coming to a stop. From about 15-20mph and below its there. When just braking a little or slowing down, there is no problem. At idle, the rpms are not jumpy, but it feels like the car shakinga little. It also tends to be worse whenever the wheel is straight, or Im turning right. I can feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel as well once the car is moving and I slow down to turn right. Turn the wheel left sitting still, or while moving, and the shake/vibration is hardly noticable. I thought it could be the power steering fluid being low again, but the fluid level was fine.
Could the power steering pump be shot, could a LT be resting on something causing this vibration? Its messy out today, but Im hoping I can crawl under it tomorrow and see if I spot anything a header might be sitting on. Anyone got any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)