Welcome back.

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
I used to be an avid poster here in the 94/95 section until I sold my 95 GT a few summers ago. Most of the regulars will remember me as Striped5.0. After a short stint of getting out of Mustangs and into sportbikes I have come full circle again and this time to stay. I'll be buying a 1994 SVT Cobra with a complete 95 Cobra R drive train. I'll be buying the car in a few days. Just wanted to say hello again for all the regular guys who have been around here for a few yrs.

Heres the new stang I'll be buying soon.

View attachment 386742

View attachment 386743

View attachment 386744

View attachment 386745

View attachment 386746

View attachment 386747

View attachment 386748

View attachment 386749

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Travis (hope I got that right). I do recall ya, but more-so as Striped. I also did the sportbike thing in my youth (when gas was cheap. DOH) but it sucked for buying groceries. I'm dusting the CBR 1000 off for some summer riding though. :D

Your soon-to-be new ride looks great! One of Tom's SVO decals will be needed though. :D

I'm not real up on the Cobras. Don't they have a snake emblem in the front grill?

Good to have you back!

Hey Travis (hope I got that right). I do recall ya, but more-so as Striped. I also did the sportbike thing in my youth (when gas was cheap. DOH) but it sucked for buying groceries. I'm dusting the CBR 1000 off for some summer riding though. :D

I'm not real up on the Cobras. Don't they have a snake emblem in the front grill?

it was fun while it lasted and I dont regret it. ( Yes you did get my name right :D)

As far as the front grill Im not sure when Ford made it standard as far as putting the cobra emblem on there instead of the pony but apparently in 94 it was not a standard feature.

http://www.stangbangers.com/94_Cobra_Article.htm

I will be fixing that issue anyway.

how abouts did you come upon this cobra??
and whats up with the power steering pump????:shrug:

Very nice car, looks cleans. :nice:

just a matter of right place at the right time. Other people were close to buying it but all of them backed out at the last min. I suppose their loss is my gain. As far as the steering pump I had another friend ask the same thing. I take it that its just piece of coupling left over from the vortech kit that was just put on there b/c of the stand out ugly looks of the pump neck. The car was just appraised and I got the results back on it. It went for $20,700 so Im not to worried about the pump being messed up or anything since they go over all the car when an appraisal is done. I'll be sure to ask him when I talk to him again but Im not expecting anything other then its just their for S&G's.

The only major mods I have planned for this is a Polished V1 S-Trim and some Chrome 2000 Cobra R rims and some interior guages. Other then that pretty much everything else has been done. It does have AFR 185's and a honed and extruded upper, sub frames, slotted rotors, 3 piston calipers, battery re local, MSD box. I'll do the exhaust as well its got dynomax on it now w/ stock tail pipes b/c their are some fitment issues w/ some exhausts out their b/c the 95 R had a fuel cell and not a tank.

Almost forgot to mention that this car was also featured in Mustang monthly back in June of 06. I'll be shooting for a 5.0 Mag article.

Hows it going?? Nice to see you back! If I recall, your old car was s/c right? Either way, nice find on that 94!!

I'm actually thinking of picking up a bike, rather then spending more $$ on the stang. I only drive the mustang on nice days anyway, and take it off insurance in the winter so it wouldn't be much difference. With it being a 'vert, I cant fit people in the back, so they would both be 2 seaters... tho only female passagers on the bike :)

Plus, the bike would run atleast 12s stock, if not way faster.

Hows it going?? Nice to see you back! If I recall, your old car was s/c right? Either way, nice find on that 94!!

Yeah I did, I had a Paxton Novi 2000 on it.

View attachment 386703

I'm actually thinking of picking up a bike, rather then spending more $$ on the stang. I only drive the mustang on nice days anyway, and take it off insurance in the winter so it wouldn't be much difference. With it being a 'vert, I cant fit people in the back, so they would both be 2 seaters... tho only female passagers on the bike :)

Plus, the bike would run atleast 12s stock, if not way faster.

I had a CBR 600RR and it was damn fast. It would put a lot of Supercharged Mustangs to shame but its still not quite the same as owning a Mustang. The CBR's run mid 10's stock and thats the 600's

Hey Travis :D

Sure I remember you ;)

Good find on the Stang :nice:

Welcome back :)

Grady

Glad to be back, nice to see your still around.

Welcome back Travis! That looks/sounds like a sweet ride!

Cant wait to get it home. Im flying down to FL on thursday and driving it back here.

Jeez, do I have to change your name to something else....again?

:p

Haha yeah its looking that way but nothing to drastic this time b/c I want want to confuse to many people. I'll keep the Redline part but do something w/ the _RR but I'll get to that once I actually have the car and get it back here safe and sound. I dont want to jinx myself or give myself some bad karma. Your going to have to do something about that CT as well :p

Heres the back issue that I just got of Mustang Monthly (June 06) that has the Cobra featured in it. I keep calling it "the Cobra" or "The Car/Mustang" b/c I just cant quite say"mine" yet until I go get it and have it back home. But anyway its a good article. I wish the Vortech was still on it but Im going to put a polished one back on it anyway.

Picture287.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Picture289.jpg

Picture290.jpg

Picture291.jpg

Picture292.jpg

Picture293.jpg

Picture294.jpg

Picture295.jpg

Welcome back. I seem to remember you having a purple towel looking charachter as your avatar>???

The car looks good. Not digging the intake plaque though. I think it looks better the way it came from the factory...

yeah I used to have towlie.

I like the intake plaque just for the fact that its different. There are tons of 5.0 Cobra plaques out there, not to often you see the 5.8 ones. I just dont like having the same thing everyone else has which was a big draw for me liking this car so much.

I remember reading about that car. Funny, when you mentioned that you were getting a '94 Cobra with a '95 Cobra R drivetrain in another thread, I thought about that car, but I didn't think you were looking at that exact same one. I just figured you were looking a another '94 Cobra with a 5.8 roller out of a truck or something. LOL Crazy. Very nice car.:nice:
It'd be awesome to have a car that unique. Out of all the late-models I've read about in Mustang magazines, that one stands out along with the '99 35th Anniversary Edition that was also turned into a Steeda.

I remember reading about that car. Funny, when you mentioned that you were getting a '94 Cobra with a '95 Cobra R drivetrain in another thread, I thought about that car, but I didn't think you were looking at that exact same one. I just figured you were looking a another '94 Cobra with a 5.8 roller out of a truck or something. LOL Crazy. Very nice car.:nice:
It'd be awesome to have a car that unique. Out of all the late-models I've read about in Mustang magazines, that one stands out along with the '99 35th Anniversary Edition that was also turned into a Steeda.

small world huh :D There are only 5 other 95 Cobra R motors floating around out there somewhere the other 250 were all put in the actual 95 Cobra R's.

Once I do some things to it to customize it the way I want then Im going to try and plug it into 5.0 Magazine or at least babe of the month section :nice: