Well...got into my first car accident....

DaveB

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2002
Middlesex and Pomona, NJ
:(

On the way to class thing morning. Kinda my fault too. Was coming up to an intersecton when the light was green.....I thought it had just turned green and the people would start moving...nope. There was an ambulance coming from the left and the people were stopped for it. There were people in the left turn, straight, and right turn lanes, so there was nowhere for me to go. Hit the girl in front of me....mid 90s Grand Am. We both agreed to call the cops. They were there in less than 2 minutes. Cops asked me what happened, told him. Gave him my info, but didnt give me a ticket. He was really cool about it, not a dick at all.

Front bumper is pushed way down, hood is pushed down a little bit and the front is scratched up pretty good. Theres just so many what-ifs going through my head right now.

I called my insurance company and told them everything, but due to the hurricane I dont even know when Im going to get this taken care of. Everyone be careful out there.

• Sponsors (?)

Here are some pics from my camera phone

09-06-05_1047.jpg

09-06-05_1044.jpg

09-06-05_1042.jpg

09-06-05_1041.jpg

Attachments

• 09-06-05_1047.jpg
    09-06-05_1047.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 09-06-05_1044.jpg
    09-06-05_1044.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 09-06-05_1042.jpg
    09-06-05_1042.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 09-06-05_1041.jpg
    09-06-05_1041.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 78
Wow. :( That really sucks man, I didn't think it would be that bad. Is the frame damaged? Or is it just the fiberglass? Hopefully they won't rape you on insurance now. I found that with my accident (the one and only thank god) it was cheaper just to pay for it out of pocket than to let insurance do it.

CManT1914 said:
Wow. :( That really sucks man, I didn't think it would be that bad. Is the frame damaged? Or is it just the fiberglass? Hopefully they won't rape you on insurance now. I found that with my accident (the one and only thank god) it was cheaper just to pay for it out of pocket than to let insurance do it.

uni body= no frame, right? :D

I hope theres no frame damage. But from what I can see, theres a bunch of stuff in there bent. From the looks of it, I doubt itll be cheaper to do it myself than have insurance take care of it. Im trying to get his thing fixed as fast as possible. I go to college 100 miles from home and this thing is my daily transportation. I just drove back from work and the headlights are basically worthless, they point at the ground about 3 feet in front of the car. I cant even see the beams while driving. Its pretty dangerous.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Time to upgrade that ****!

Thats the plan :D . I was looking at aftermarket stuff as soon as I got back from class (which I was on my way too when it happened, I was that douche that came in 20 minutes late the first day of class :rolleyes: ). I was thinking about the Cervinis 2000 Cobra R style hood and a Cobra front bumper. Anyone know where I can get a quality peice and not a repo? I didnt see it on Cervinis website.

Completely off topic, but what phone is that? In the first pic it kinda looks like the Motorola V710, is it? Just wondering because that's what I have and want to know how take pics from my phone to my computer.

But anyway really sorry to hear about the accident. Car doesn't look too bad though.