Well guys, I'm out

Good new every one !! ( Futurama )

I just found a 1997 ford F-150 automatic, the owner swap in boss 305 5.0L ( I dont know it carb or fuel injector ), but anyway, he selling it for really really cheap, under 1k, I come look at this friday, let see how it go. Hope I buy it and driving it around, and keep mine mind off the stang for a little while :nice:.

Please tell me you aren't serious? :scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

Chevy ran a 305 and also an ultra rare 302, but that's besides the point.

If it is a 97, it should have a mod motor, 4.6 or 5.4.

If it has some swapped shade tree mill under the hood my thoughts are this: if you have any sort of emissions in your county, it probably didn't pass and that is why it is being offered for cheap.

I call the owner today and asking about the engine, he say it is fuel injector ( thanks god !! ), 302 5.0L came out off a cobra,

and No we do not care or give a dam about emission here :nice:

AOD/ C4 Manual Valve Body....No clutch pedal.....# gears on the floor...and you cant miss gears. I love the Manual AOD in my Mustang. Had one in my lincoln Mark vii. And theyre not sloppy shifting. I used to commute an hour to work sipping coffee and listening to XM radio with this setup. Very Very friendly and best of all with the Overdrive on the toggle i was only turning 2000rpms at 75mph.

I believe Lentech has a valve body that allows the tranny to either be a 3 speed or full auto.

Don't castrate yourself. The way things are going in Detroit real Muscle cars may be extinct within 10 years.

I see you on the ledge of the building....don't jump buddy....don't do it!!! Souping up the lawnmower just isn't the same!!!!

bad new, i came check out the truck and its was 1987 F150 ( all metal body, no rust ), the ad say 1997 F-150 :mad:, any way it had 302 5.0l fuel inject, engine run good, but brake dont work, it had very little pressure and when ever I hit the brake, 2 rear wheel is lock, I walk away :nice:

bad new, i came check out the truck and its was 1987 F150 ( all metal body, no rust ), the ad say 1997 F-150 :mad:, any way it had 302 5.0l fuel inject, engine run good, but brake dont work, it had very little pressure and when ever I hit the brake, 2 rear wheel is lock, I walk away :nice:

Let me ask you, where do u live and what kind of comute do you have everyday? I live in Jax, Fla and I drive ONE WAY 29 miles and I drove my Fox 5 years everyday even with my current mods. The clutch did wear me out from time to time depending on traffic sutuations that day. I just got my DD 96' GT 'Vert Feb 13the and have been driving that everyday with it's auto and super comfortable interior and seats but I am glad I still have my Fox because it is fun to bang gears!! If your car is paid for, save up and but a auto Mustang DD with a V8, best of both worlds... Now if I can just get my wife to understand that...

Point being is I think you would miss the car once sold, I know I would!

My comment was based on what you’re looking at buying. The ’97 F150 came standard with either the 4.2L V6 or the 4.6L V8. If it’s got a 302 under the hood, then it was put there by the previous owner. I’m also 99% sure he’s snowing you about the engine being out of a Cobra as well. I’m sure he’s telling you this to make it sound like a great selling feature. But anyone dumb enough to completely change out the power train (engine, trans, wiring harness, accessories, etc) just to swap in an engine from a completely different vehicle is either full of ****, or a hack job artist who is now trying to unload a failed project because he’s unable to get it running right.

Just hearing you talk about this truck tells me you should back away and head in the opposite direction. For less than $1,000.....this tells me that if anything this truck is going to be a headache and you’re going to end up with more trouble than it’s worth.

My advice.....keep searching. :)

Disregard my above post. Looks like this thing turned out to be the Jem I thought it would be. :D

Disregard my above post. Looks like this thing turned out to be the Jem I thought it would be. :D[/QUOTE]

Jem ? man I keep confuse small word u say lol

Sounds like a terrible idea, if hes offering it for real cheap like that its 99% likely its a "too good to be true" scenario. I'd be willing to bet the guy attempted the swap, got halfway through and never got it to run right which is why hes selling it.

Switching from a modular motor back to a 5.0 pushrod motor is not just a simple swap....I would stay as far away from that as i could get! Go get yourself a little 2000$ ford ranger and call it a day...

I did this a while ago. Got sick of banging gears commuting to work. I actually used to be physically tired after commuting home. I traded my '03 GT in for a G35 sedan and never looked back.

I miss the car on nice days just for the sake of banging gears for an hour or two, but when it's time to go to work, i love hoping in the car, flipping on the seat warmer, setting the heat to 78 degrees and sipping my coffee as I sit in bumper to bumper traffic with an automatic trans :)

Of course, i still have my hobby. I have a second Mustang i am rebuilding. It's nice to be able to work on your car and not need it to go to work the next day

my buddy did that with his 02 with a paxton on it and last year he got a 99 saleen and its running 12psi just keep it.. these things are like a bad habbit i sit in traffic everyday too dude youre not the only one sitting in traffic with a stick

I did this a while ago. Got sick of banging gears commuting to work. I actually used to be physically tired after commuting home. I traded my '03 GT in for a G35 sedan and never looked back.

I miss the car on nice days just for the sake of banging gears for an hour or two, but when it's time to go to work, i love hoping in the car, flipping on the seat warmer, setting the heat to 78 degrees and sipping my coffee as I sit in bumper to bumper traffic with an automatic trans :)

Of course, i still have my hobby. I have a second Mustang i am rebuilding. It's nice to be able to work on your car and not need it to go to work the next day

Ahh that does sound relaxing, but i don't mind the stick. And i also go into work before the rush hour so i don't have too much stop go ****. I do although want to get another dd just so when i want to put my car in the shop or work on it for a few days i have another whip to push:D

I do although want to get another dd just so when i want to put my car in the shop or work on it for a few days i have another whip to push:D

That's the best right there. It's awesome when you can work on your car and take time and not be rushed because you need to drive the car to work Monday AM.

I can take my time on projects and do things nice the way I want. :nice: