Well, I guess I get to find out just how well making a claim with grundy goes....

mfp4073

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2001
Hells Ditch, FL
Was parked in a parking lot yesterday that was kinda busy. Was parked with a poll on my left and while watching people jocky for position over my right shoulder I backed out......crunch....caught the left fender just front of the front wheel. Good news is that is my japanese fender that NEVER fit right and that I have been wanting to replace. Looks like there is no damage to the engine bay, hood, headlight bucket, and such. Pretty much just the fencer. Will get to call em tomorrow......

• Sponsors (?)

I was not aware that the Japanese made fenders.....but I feel your pain. You might have to spend some of your own money but the new fenders for 67-78 cars that are based on the Ford tooling that the Carpenter brothers bought are fantastic. They are expensive but well worht the cost considering they fit out of the box.

This is an old one....probably from about 94. But it is horrible. At the back near the door, the curve bows in slower than the door curve. There is also a big dip in the top of it. As if someone sat on it. I had the car done by a shop and honestly just got tired of fighting with them. Have been meaning to replace it...but just have not gotten around to it. Anyone got a fender for me in central florida?

Do you think I should make a claim at all? Or just pick up a fender, have it shot off the car and then R/R it myself.

I've heard that insurance companies are looking for any excuse to cancel people these days, so I'd be inclined to not make a claim unless you need to. If they don't cancel you they may hold against you the next time you really NEED to make a claim.

Personally, I much rather take care of it myself if I was at fault and has to go against me and my insurance (and it was something small, under $500). But Like my 02 that was hit, I was anal about the repair and had it done by Ford since it went against the other guy's insurance. But if you claim it you might pay more over time (the 3 years of reporting and disclosure you have to do) than if you took care of it off insurance. That's MHO

was it your fault? If it wasnt then an insurance company cannot punish you for making a claim. Not only that but if you do make a no-fault claim than it is illegal for them to adjust your rates.

Pakrat said:
Are you sure the pole did the damage? :rolleyes: If someone actually hit it and ran, that is no fault and should not affect your insurance. ;)

*cough* umm I've filed 2 no faults and one uninsured motorist claim in my 5 year driving history (a weather incedent where a flash flood litterally floated my car away, a parking lot incedent and my getting creamed by some redneck in a large truck while I waited in a turn lane.)

My insurance has increased after ALL of these. Mind you I use a HORRIBLE insurance company (Allstate.) How horrible are they? After my engine fire, they refused to cover the painting of the hood since no one could match the paint and the whole car needed to be repainted. They were barely willing to cover the engine repairs and the new hood (turn signal hood btw.) And we've been using them for near 20 years and have filed zero at faults claims with them, have multiple policies with them, and have only filed on the car policies. We only stay with them as my (as in for my cars) insurance will double if we go to anyone else due to my fat ticket 2 years ago. I'll thank God when that comes off my insurancerecord! I noticed a slight drop after the first no fault came off and I should see another one here now that the second one is about to come off.

Okay, I'll end my hijack.