Well, I was wrong...

• Sponsors (?)

Gee thanks Hop... Just when I thought I'd had my color scheme picked out, and was all set to paint my car blue with white stripes, you gotta post pics of that beauty and make me think that white with blue stripes would be neater. Maybe I'll just flip a coin... :rolleyes:

gp001 said:
Ah man, I thought you were gonna say you were wrong about building an Elenore being a good idea :rlaugh: :stick:

Hee hee heeeeee, you aren't alone, I thought that to when I saw the topic. I was all giddy like a school girl for a second there. :banana:

Oh well. On a happier note though, that car is freakin gorgeous! I still just can't see how anyone can think that design can possibly be improved upon? :shrug: Too each his own, I know I know, but honestly that is a question that will haunt and plague me to the grave. There are few stangers (or even just car guys for that matter) in the world that wouldn't give their mother, children and both nuts up for one in their stable. :nonono: Sigh!

pabear89 said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh:
Well at least you know what your's will be worth. :nice:

Pic's ?

PB

Mine wasnt in that good of shape,, that one they had was pristine . Mine was raced. The paint was shot, the floor pans and 1 torque box were toast, and the rear frame rails had torque cracks. :( Alas, after 6-7 months , all that is new. ) Still 92 grand was pretty steep for a car. But then again , 280 grand was ungodly. As far as mine goes, all I can keep stressing is that since I removed and stored the front clip and all scoops safely, and the flares are simply glued on :shrug: . I sincerely hope anyone overly concerned is finally able to grasp that...... :stick: So that person doesnt see me and become violent wanting to :chair: Because they may end up looking like :drool: , then that person may want to :uzi: me , and Id probably run like :spot: till I :puke: and found a cop to tell , looking at him like :eek: ,, ok ok ok Ill stop. I was going to try and use all the smileys but I have to run. :D

Edbert said:
By what, the car?

One of the finest pieces of automotive machinery ever produced, a true work of art!

a: It's not a 68 KR
b: It's not a ragtop
c: it's not a pretty color. I like Metallic paints. Especially the green metallic on the Doc's KR Vert.

And the Doc's is a 428 cid as well.

Find me a 429 C6 4spd Eliminator Cougar from 1970 and then I'll be impressed.

~meow

NoKitten said:
c: it's not a pretty color. I like Metallic paints. Especially the green metallic on the Doc's KR Vert.

~meow

Then :drool: Away, there's a 70 vert E down the hill from me.
It was her Dads and it has been restored to stock. :p

PB

NoKitten said:

~meow

And thats what Ive been trying to tell the guys trashing me for loving Eleanor. Those A B Cs are what makes YOU happy, . Whether its a hot rodded Pinto with a blown inline 6 painted lime green with doper rims, or this 1967 GT500, it doesnt matter. Get what makes you happy before the ride is over, because for all of us, the bell tolls..........

NoKitten said:

~meow
I must have missed something here, because a particular car doesn't meet your standards and criteria, then it's not impressive? Let's forget what kind of car, the color and the selling price for a second, this is an extremely impressive car! The restoration is absolutely flawless and it's a very rare, big-block-4 speed musclecar. Couldn't you find something nice to say? Or does spouting negative things about other peoples fantasy rides seem like the thing to do? I realize that it's easy to get annoyed by the exposure that Mustangs in general and Shelbys in particular have been getting these last 40 years or so, but to go on your own little anti-anything popular spree is kinda immature and pointless.

pabear89 said:
As in Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder,
And Behold My Beauty. :D

PB

where's my pic, :chair:

:D PB

Its coming PB , Its painted now , and it took us 3 1/2 hours just to get the freaking stripes taped off perfect to paint. Mesa soooo happy!!! Ill post a link to some pics monday when I take my little camera up there. Ive got little pepper-grey dust boogers now.... :p

zookeeper said:
I must have missed something here, because a particular car doesn't meet your standards and criteria, then it's not impressive? Let's forget what kind of car, the color and the selling price for a second, this is an extremely impressive car! The restoration is absolutely flawless and it's a very rare, big-block-4 speed musclecar. Couldn't you find something nice to say? Or does spouting negative things about other peoples fantasy rides seem like the thing to do? I realize that it's easy to get annoyed by the exposure that Mustangs in general and Shelbys in particular have been getting these last 40 years or so, but to go on your own little anti-anything popular spree is kinda immature and pointless.

Zoo- I'm not anti-anythig (save rice). This Shelby is ok, to me. I like it, I would be honored to own it for a while, but it is not my personal style. I've seen the 67 gt500 cloned a lot lately, and almost all of them try to go for the white with blue stripes. If it was a different color, I would be more impressed.

And, no offense to Hop, but I assumed the moment I read the text "67 GT 500" that it was another one of Hop's El's. I only get high speed on the school's network, and didn't wait to post on the first comment I made. Then, when I actually looked at the car, I was not particularly impressed by it's outward appearance. I will admit that it is a clean body, and a nice performance package. I'm just too much of a "hot-rod kid" to really have the desire for a pretty, rare collector's car. I want a car I can hot rod and still keep clean in appearance. My Merc is one of those types, being the most common body type of the 73 Cougar. A '66 coupe would be a lot more appealing to me than a 65 Shelby 427cobra. That's just me. I like looking at it, but I wouldn't want it. So just don't accuse me of "go[ing] on your own little anti-anything popular spree" because of a few things regarding one car.

~meow