Well ive had just a lovely week!!

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
Starts out last fri: notices my intake gaskets are leaking due to F tard doing the pi intake to npi head swap not right, so i take the intake mani off. Next thing i see is coolant seeping from under the head.. AWESOME!!

SAT: decide that i just need to put pi heads on finally to gain a bit o power and, finally seal my damn intake up..

Sun: drive 2 hours to get the heads, windsor castings good shape, definately workable, take home clean up and port..

Mon: work on taking apart.. Get done with the demo, and start the rebuild..

Tues: show up to work, "sorry you have been laid off" great!! so i go home and sleep and forget about said pos gt..

Thur: get it running!! running great, so damn happy I forgot about the week.. lots of new power, really smooth.. Get on the onramp get on it a lil, doing great.. turn 3 miles from the house, hear a PING!! car locks up and about puts me in a ditch.. ****!!! so 2 hours later AAA comes and dumps car at the house..

Today: Pull both cam covers.. pass side is all good, drivers side, 1 follower was off the cam, look down and the valve spring looked weird, grab it and it literally is in 3 pieces!! valve head is broke off in the chamber and preventing the car from turning over.. SO head is *****ed to say the least.. car now sits outside with no hood on it.. I hope it snows 15' on that pos..

anyway, so my buddy calls me today and says "why dont you just get a mark 8 engine and put it in?" so that sounds extremely good, and i think im gonna go that way.. Just seems like that car wanted to die this week lol.

• Sponsors (?)

wow.. speechless..all i can say is sorry? I wouldn't want to go through such experience and i don't anything anyone says will make it better..lol.

but on a good note, atleast you know that you will have better days, and your car will see better days in the future :D

Well, that just sucks.

The mark 8 motor should save you a bit of weight, but if you are looking for a quick fix, you an just buy a salvaged PI motor for 600 bucks or so, and change the cams out before you put the motor in. Just a thought. Good luck!

Mark

yeah im just gonna go with the mark 8 setup, better block and the rpms i want as well..

STARK: negative i didnt go, im in indianapolis for a little while longer, now that the car broke, but i had all my buddies calling me becasue of the .001" of snow you guys got lol.. we got 14'' that week up here lol