Well I've Made The Switch...

CapeCodLX

May 16, 2016
Mashpee, MA
Hey everyone!

New to Mustangs. I've always been an F-Body guy. Figured I wanted to see how the other half lived. Found a good deal on a 1988 LX and picked it up this weekend. Here's the details:

88 LX. Auto.
Body is rough. No real rot but the previous owner tried to make it a 93 Cobra clone and just did a bad job with everything. Cirvinia Fiberglass hood is a nice tough though.
Interior has issues, the door actuators are both shot. Arm rest is busted. Just needs a good once over to get things back up to snuff.

The reasonn I bought it was because it runs so well and I could prob part it for the money I paid, if I decided to get rid of it.

Motor is a 306. Trick flow aluminum heads, Trick Flow stage 1 cam, MAF conversion, Cobra intake, B&M CAI, 24 Lbs Injectors, 4.10 gears , Aluminum radiator. And some other things I Just cant remember.

Also came with a B&M hammer shifter new in the box.

I just ordered some parts online. Its great how cheap mustang parts are!

I ordered hinge pins, door actuators, armrest delete, new speedo gear ( Says im going 100 when im going 70) and a few other odds and ends.

Anyway, I have no idea what this setup is good for, but it's a fun car to check out. Im sure everyone wil see me on the classifieds looking for parts!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Good to know, Thanks! It runs strong. Almost forgot it has a TB on it, Headers, X pipe and exhaust.
Welcome to Ford Mustangs and Stanget. Post some pictures of your car when you get a chance! The engine is a decent combo. Latemodel Resto (LMR.com) has all of the little bells and whistles you will need to replace interior and exterior parts and there's also a forum discount code LMR6.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome aboard man! It's hard to not like foxbodys once you get into one. I've owned lots of muscle cars including 3rd gen and 4th gen f cars, and I still keep coming back to foxes. The aftermarket for them is amazing and with a little horsepower they really do scoot! Try to get some pics up for us, and +1 on Late Model Resto. Great company!

Sorry to hear you paid $$ for door lock actuators. I have a fix that does the job for both doors for less than the cost of one Ford OEM style actuator.

Follow this link to fix your door lock actuator problems

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – http://get.adobe.com/reader/

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/attachments/door-lock-actuator-fix-pdf.88290/

Stuck with door lock actuators that don't work and don't want to pay the $50+ for a new one? Tried the junkyard ones and found that they last six months and freeze up?

A new actuator for less than $7. Fix one side for $20, do both sides for only $28. I don't sell parts, I don’t make any money off of the upgrade, I just tell you how to do it cheaply and easily.

By the way, i am still using the same $4 actuators I bought in 2002 and this is the second Mustang I have installed them in! Beat that with your fancy replacements!

Reactions: 1 user