Well, my car is totaled...........................

wow, I don't know what to say Pak....its easy for people to say it justs a car, but sometimes it seems like alot more than that. Glad to hear you're ok...stay strong and don't give up on the hobby.

• Sponsors (?)

damn bro, i'm glad you made it out relatively ok. i had the same thing happen to me with my old 78 MII, dumbass driving a flatbed ran a stop sign doing about 40mph in a 30 mph zone, thank god he hit me in front of the door pillar or i probably wouldn't be here talking to you now. that sucks about the car too, hope it can be repaired, i know it'll never be stock again but you might actually be able to make it better than before. hell just ship it down here and i'll help you out as much as possible, don't forget i still have a spare 69 coupe that probably has most of the parts you'll need, if it is fixable at all. i'll reserve judgement until i see the pics though. i would go ahead and go see a doctor about your back and neck now because i guarantee you have a lot more injuries in there than you know about right now, ask me how i know. that wreck is probably responsible for 95% of my back problems including the fibromayalgia and the osteoarthritis, both can be caused by that kind of trauma, so don't settle with the insurance company until you know more about what is happening with your injuries. get ots of x-rays and MRIs too, see at least 2 or 3 different doctors about it and go to a chiropractor for an opinion as well. hope the scotch helps for tonight :nice:

Pak,

Bro, I am so sorry to hear this. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

I am just ill over this!! I have been working on my car for four years, and I can't even imagine having some idiot destroy all my hard work.

I sure hope you have a current appraisal on her.

Gram

OMG, that is freakin scary. Where were you at for him to be going 60 mph? Glad to hear you are ok, and get well soon. Im with dodgestang on this one. It sucks that your car is totaled, but when you really think about it, it is only a big peice of steel that can be replaced or fixed, you on the other hand cant be fixed so easily.

Get better, and i hope things look up for ya.

Josh

OMFG! Pak, I am sooooo glad you are okay...I know the car is only metal, but come on fellas, they become a part of us when we put so much time effort and "love" into them, love for our hobby, love for our cars. Pak, I know how much that car means to you and if you choose to get her back and fix her up, please let me know what I can do to help, I will search for parts or anything else to help you restore her. I know she can never be the same, but she can still be your beautiful 1969 Ford Mustang convertible.

It makes me physically sick to hear this happened...

Pak's Baby

109505_35_full.jpg

Hey, thanks everyone for your support, I know you guys are about the only one's who understand where the real pain comes from. Ya, know, everytime I come here and see a thread like this I cringe, then I read and I always believe that I feel for the owner and share the grief as if it were my own, but the truth is you don't no matter how bad you feel. Unless you've been there, you simply can not imagine, I am just sick today now that it is sinking in, it took just one look at the empty garage to do it.

I'm off to go get pictures and then to get a copy of the police report and talk to my insurance guy and all that fun and then I'll come back to post some pics. I'll try to paint you a clearer picture of what happened, but you know me, I'm not to short on words.

I left work early and had planned to pick up the dog, run to the supermarket and bank and then go home. Well, when I got out it was 72 and sunny and it had been cold all week and looking that way for next week, so as any Stanger my plans changed. I went home first to drop off the Cherokee for the stang and went to the supermarket in class. It's on a 2 lane route that breaks out into three lanes at each intersection for people turning right, left and going straight, the speed is 40. Well I was leaving one plaza on the left which has the lights at the entrance to cross over, and I was going across to the other to hit the bank. I was first in line and the light turned green. Coming at me was a big Ram turning left, we made eye contact, I went straight across going east with the right of way. I guess the center lane headed north was empty, and I never saw the guy coming. He was either a sleep or thought that he could make a yellow light still from a mile away or I don't know what. I was like 3/4 way thru the light, I hear brakes for a split second and then he wacked me from the passenger door back. Before I knew what happened I was facing west now face to face with the guy who hit me. To give you an idea of how hard he hit me, when I spun I tagged the Ram and blew out his front tire, and leaking from the trunk were my eggs and milk, and the bags of Dorito's and chips blew open too. The gas tank never leaked thank God. I know by the sound of it that it's just the rear quarter and the engine and front is fine, but being a convertible the car is a bit boomeranged. The drivers door won't open and I barely got the top up, it's all **** eyed. I hate the thought of it sitting in that junk yard. I wen't back last night to pull out all my loose personal stuff and put my car cover it so it's not completely vulnerable to the elements, I just couldn't wait until today, it was too dark for pics though.

Well, that's it for now, thanks again everyone, it really means alot, you guys are great. I'll come back later with the pics.

Well, I just got back from taking some pic's. Maybe it's not so bad now that the shock has worn off and I have a fresh perspective, it's still ugly though. What really concerns me is that the driver side is pinched in too though leading me to believe that what you see is not all that is damaged. I took pic's from all over and up close, but you know how the file sizes are around here, so I'll just put up a couple of wider shots that give you an idea of the damage. I had to resize and reduce quality for the thread, but I'll load them all to my website this weekend.

Oh the humanity! :nonono:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 69stang0001web.jpg
    69stang0001web.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 356