Well now I need a new paint job!!!

:mad: :mad:
OK I was driving to night school in Portland, turning into the parking garage, and one of those stupid concrete barrier things jumped out and whacked the side of my car! :fuss: That must have been it, cause it surely wasn't my driving.. my driving is perfect! :rolleyes: Anyway, on the driver's side from the door handle back, is a nice series of scrapes and dents. I don't really want to get just that part re-painted, because I don't want brand new paint on one part of the car, right next to another part with original 8 year old paint. So I was thinking of getting a totally new paint job. And, as long as I am doing that, I have always wanted a set of painted white Shelby stripes, from front to rear. Anyone have any opinions on how much I would be looking at dollar wise? Oh and I will post pictures tomorrow.

• Sponsors (?)

RED98 said:
:mad: :mad:
OK I was driving to night school in Portland, turning into the parking garage, and one of those stupid concrete barrier things jumped out and whacked the side of my car! :fuss: That must have been it, cause it surely wasn't my driving.. my driving is perfect! :rolleyes: Anyway, on the driver's side from the door handle back, is a nice series of scrapes and dents. I don't really want to get just that part re-painted, because I don't want brand new paint on one part of the car, right next to another part with original 8 year old paint. So I was thinking of getting a totally new paint job. And, as long as I am doing that, I have always wanted a set of painted white Shelby stripes, from front to rear. Anyone have any opinions on how much I would be looking at dollar wise? Oh and I will post pictures tomorrow.

Too bad it wasn't caused by... oh, I don't know... a pickup truck while you were away from the car. Then you would just have to pay the deductable and your insurance would cover the rest. Are you sure that's not what happened?

OK here's my scrapes.. aren't they pretty?? I am going to a couple places tomorrow to see how much it will run me to get this fixed. I figure if I have just the damaged area fixed, insurance will pay for most of it. Full painting of the whole car, I'm on my own. Trouble is, I just started getting accident-free discount from state farm last month.. if I file a claim, I can kiss that goodbye for a few years. Whatever, I'll see what the rates run then make up my mind. Oh and OxMox, here's your boobies.. (.)(.) enjoy!

one time the side of the garage door opening moved over closer to my car when i was backing out of the garage and left some scratches...most of them came out with wax/rubbing compound, so now its not noticable unless you are really looking for them

I got my quotes from several body shops today.. surprisingly a Ford dealer was cheapest by far. If I get just the damaged side repaired and go through the insurance company, it will only cost me my deductible. ($250) If I get the whole car re-painted, the insurance will pay much less, and it will cost me personally over $3000. So, gee, tough choice.. looks like I'm going to have to let the idea of a whole new paint job go for now. Maybe someday when I am out of credit card debt. Besides, overall my paint is in really good shape; it's not one of those cars that is crying out for a new paint job.

This just never ends..... :mad: :mad: My car was all re-painted; all the shop had to do was put the parts back on that they had to remove for painting. I was supposed to get it back today. Well, the guy somehow managed to scrape the side of it with the quarter panel while he was trying to put it back on.. so now they have to re-paint it AGAIN.. I wanted to have it back in time for turkey day; no such luck I guess. :nonono: I'm going to show up there on friday, and if it is still not ready, well then... :fuss: :flame: :uzi:
I think that about sums up how I will feel. Thanks for listening to me whine like a little b*tch.

RED98 said:
This just never ends..... :mad: :mad: My car was all re-painted; all the shop had to do was put the parts back on that they had to remove for painting. I was supposed to get it back today. Well, the guy somehow managed to scrape the side of it with the quarter panel while he was trying to put it back on.. so now they have to re-paint it AGAIN.. I wanted to have it back in time for turkey day; no such luck I guess. :nonono: I'm going to show up there on friday, and if it is still not ready, well then... :fuss: :flame: :uzi:
I think that about sums up how I will feel. Thanks for listening to me whine like a little b*tch.

:nonono: Did he scrape the quarter panel that he painted, or did he scrape another part of the stang that wasn't damaged. That sucks. Just think about it like this: If you got your stang back on Thanksgiving on the way home, you could have been hit by a drunk driver and totaled your stang. See, now that won't happen. :D

They hit the part they had just painted. freakin morons. Well, I told my Mustang it would be okay, and to look on the bright side; at least it is inside under cover. I don't have covered parking. I think it understood, but it was still a little p!ssed off. I'll have to do something special for it when I finally get it back.

OK just to put an end to this one.. I got the car back FINALLY! I'll tell you, after 2 weeks in a rental Jeep Grand Cherokee, my Mustang feels like a lowrider. I know dozens of members here were losing sleep over the fate of my car, :rlaugh: so there ya go. It's back safe and sound.