Well, the time has come, to let her go. Was nice known ya

MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member
Dec 2, 2000
Lehigh Acres Fla.
Yeah really.. my 92. I'm selling it. No this is NOT a FS thread so DONT delete it. Just writing this to let some of you out there know if interested. Sad to see this one go but just needs too much work.

It turns out the cause of many of my poor running issues and constant codes I was getting back then, the ECU in fact HAD been getting wet but I did not know it. All it takes is a few drops of water on it to make it go nuts. Either the windshield seal is bad in that corner , or it's the antenna wire where is goes in to the body near the hinges. The wire is literally falling out of there because where it is attached to the body near the door hinges it has rusted seriously bad. The rust appeared to start on the inside. I should have known this. Damn convertibles I say. Too much work for me. Was a nice ride while it lasted. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Nice idea with the carb. But that isn't my real trouble. It's all the body work it needs. Paint. top, weatherstrip.. welding repair to the drain channel behind the top (rusting underneath and leaking water into the trunk. Not to mention the damage hiding in the passenger side kick panel area. I have bad feelings about that spot. It is not a common place to get rust. I'm not complaining about it, I just don't want to deal with all these repairs. It's going to cost too much to fix. I would rather have a HB anyway.