well this sucks.

BTW this is one reason why I am weary of buying cars from younger people.

Did you forget that you were young once, too?

Unless the Mustang you are buying is a documented low mileage garage kept 1 owner car being sold by the 65 year old original owner, you really have no idea how the car was driven. I know many people of all ages who rip on their cars. Yes its true young people tend to just go balls out thinking they are invincible, but these types of cars are always driven hard and put away wet.

• Sponsors (?)

Every stang I have ever owned practically lived at the dragstrip and they always saw redline. We were all young once and we all did it. I know quite a few people who got cars in high school and thought they had a race car(especially after fast and the furious came out). Doing stuff like this is a learning experience. This guy owns his car and he could drive it any way he pleases. Nobody buys a mustang to do 55 or because they get 35 mpg. We buy stangs to burn the tires down to the belt and to beat on them.

So rev limiter clutch drops and 5500 RPM power shifts are bad for them now???

Wish someone said so 8 years ago.

:D

Yep. I drove the living snot out of my car at the track on the weekend. I mean I beat the #%# out of it. And I had a blast doin it. I sure felt bad after every run paranoid that I blew it up, but hey if I didn't wanna worry about that I wouldn't be driving one. They were made for drivin like you stole it. :nice: