Went off Road, Got Stuck

BDT 1967

Jan 31, 2006
Wichita KS
Ok decided to go out to the lake with my girlfriend and a friend who has a ZR-2 Chevy. We could help but go around and do some off roading!!!! Mainly because i just finished my lift, and wanted to have a little fun.
70675099nc3.jpg

n151000274301158698880kx2.jpg
n151000274301158714276ng7.jpg
The ZR2 almost got stuck trying to pull me out. After we got my truck out, he decided to give it another try with his rig. He made it, so i figured i would just push harder on right pedal. Sure enough made it all the way.

Attachments

• 70675099nc3.jpg
    70675099nc3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 90
  • n151000274301158698880kx2.jpg
    n151000274301158698880kx2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 92
  • n151000274301158714276ng7.jpg
    n151000274301158714276ng7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 92
  • Sponsors (?)

LoL yeah, she loved it because in between the time that it took to call my friend to pull us out and him to get there we laid out on the beach @ glorious lake chenney. She loves the beach! And i didn't mind her in her swim wear sun tanning. OUCH! :hail2:

I thought that one shadow looked familiar, Dan. Obviously it wasn't entirely a wasted day. Especially based on Andy's comments about the sunbathing attire. :D
They have beaches in Kansas? Or did we already go over this? :lol:
Now, now, no need to mention "the beach" based on the aforementioned shadow. :p
["cheech" voice] Leave the references to "the beach" to the steenking past (or at least the first few pages of the "Girls of my Dreams" thread) hokay, mon? [/"cheech" voice] :lol:

EDIT TO ADD THIS:
dangle said:
Mainly because i just finished my lift, and wanted to have a little fun.
Never mind, I can't think of anything except Beavis and Butthead laughter :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

OH gee golly Dangle, quit playin' in the mud!

Nice reference Stangdreamin!

Andy, I think you've been telling us you drive a Ranger. How dare you! :D

This is a different thread... right?

We got stuck once goofin around in my friends ZR2. Only problem was it had 6 inches of lift, 35's and a built 350. Funny how your front axle disengaging really screws you. A STOCK Expedition pulled him out. Score one for the ford boys!

Another time, my Dad got stuck on our property. I called over the said ZR2, but we were being cautious and not really yanking on it. The tires just spun and we had to call in for reinforcements. My good friend has an 8 inch lifted Cherokee with 35'' Boggers. Yea, the bias ply big treaded mud tires.....

We got my dad out. Mom wasn't too happy with the 4 bogger marks across the back yard though. :nonono:

That stuff you were driving through looks pretty nasty. My Civic wouldn't have a chance! It's a Ford Civic... no worries.

StDr-- I think that the one your referring to in the first few pages of aforementioned post is correctly termed a be-yoch... :D Beaches are places of good clean fun, beyoches are meant for dirty fun... :rlaugh:

I remember being at a friends house up in Medford Oregon, he just moved in and they hadn't put up the fence in the rear of the house yet. It was opened up to a creek just beyond his yard and a huge empty field, we were outside bar-b-qing when these guys came into the field with an old GMC pickup, sitting on 38" tires and had what sounded like a monster of an engine. There was a jeep and a couple other little trucks in there. They started spinning donuts and creating general havoc. Short story long, they all got stuck up to the axles in some of the nastiest wet clay I've ever seen, so bad that the tow truck that they called to yank them out looked at them, laughed and said there was nothing he could do for them. By this time, we pulled up the lawn chairs, beers and were watching them trying to pull all of these trucks out. :D They were stuck in there for 3 days, until the ground hardened up and they could get a big rig wrecker out there. :D

A friend of mine told me about a kid with a jacked up Chevie who was kind of an azz. He went down a closed road in the country to have some fun and burried it up to the axles. Walked up the road and started asking people to pull him out with their tractors they all said no, but one guy said yes. Drove his Deere down there, hooked a chain around the middle of the bumber and pulled it out about 18" into a big V. Backed the tractor up and said, "maybe I shoulda looped it around the axle." The kid said, "thanks for the help, sorry to bother you, I'll have my dad come pull it out later." The truck was there for about a week until it dried out, LOL!!!

I love going mudding. Got stuck on the tank trails on Fort Polk once in a huge mudhole. We tried everything to get the truck out of it, but in the end all we did was get mud from head to toe. We pulled it out with a Humvee (now there's a vehicle that's fun to go muddin' in)

Haha you got stuck, damn dude you were in deep too!! Good you were able to get out. Back in HS was riding in my friend 87 F150 we went to this "haunted" house that was a dirt road, it had rained the day before so there was a puddle halfway thru, it didn't look deep. As we went thru we found out how deep it was when as we looked up at the sky from hitting so hard on the other side. Can't believe we made it back thru.

Love my Jeep almost as much as my new Project Stang. Before I bought, I had to pull the Chevy AND the stang ant the trailer holding the stang out of the mud. then we could get it to my storage shed. Case in poijt. Stay out of the mud unless properly prepared, my friends. ;-)