Went to see the 2010 Camaro

bigcat

start with the upper hole, and if more traction is
May 1, 2005
7200 feet
and was not impressed. we have been seeing this car for so long the exterior is ok now. hated it when it came out, but two years makes it "normal". the interior is horrible, especially where the center console meets the dash (without gauges)

trunk space appears larger than a S197, but has an awkward opening and seems to go forever towards the front. if something rolled to the front of the trunk, it would be hard to get it.

no test drive, as it was already sold. in fact their first 5 on order are sold.

overall, i give it a "meh".

• Sponsors (?)

Went and saw one today at the town dump. They only had the v6 model and its huge! Its a long walk just going around it. The interior looks like a swollen butthole. The exterior is ugly as ever and on top of all that they want 36k for the v6 model. 36k! This is why mustang has always, is, and will always be FTW!
Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't gone to check it out in person yet. I saw one at the auto show, but it was roped off and couldn't get that close. IMO, it looks too much like a two door Charger:notnice:
There was a Challenger parked directly behind my Stang a month ago it it easily dwarfed my car:eek:

dealership across the street from mine i heard has one. haven't gone to check it out yet. maybe tomorrow after work.

i didnt like the new camaro, until i saw the new mustang. now i like the camaro alot, and like the mustangs interior, but thats it.

would of liked to see a new firebird, but don't see that happening since no more pontiac.

Did it seem noticeably larger in size than the S197? I have yet to see the new Camaro in person but every photo I see of it next to the Mustang make the Mustang seem like a compact car.

they had an unveiling of it, so it was a crowded showroom. it was not noticeably larger to me. i didnt spend alot of time with it, because i just was not that interested. :shrug:

my brother in law knows the guy that bought that car, so maybe i can get a chance to compare them together. it was a V6 car, stickered at about $28k :eek:thats more than i paid for my GT!

they took it out and tested it today. said its scary over 120 and probably would not go much faster than 130ish.

Buddy of mine works at a Chevy Dealership .. said headroom is minimal .. and it is not for tall people .. even on that comparo of the Mustang , Challenger and Camaro they said it had less room than the Mustang ...

Saw one at Tower(local car show) on friday. V6, black stripes..It was H U G E. Reminded me of a challenger really....I hate the cluster..that grabber blue colour and bright orange was not doing it for me. Also the guage cluster was in front of the shifter..so you would have to look down and right to see stuff..

Def not for me.

Saw two on the street. It was alright but not my cup of tea. I thought it was about the same size as the challenger so that means it's a huge car.

I like the fact the Mustang is and will remain trim little unit shows forward thinking IMO.

Saw two on the street. It was alright but not my cup of tea. I thought it was about the same size as the challenger so that means it's a huge car.

I like the fact the Mustang is and will remain trim little unit shows forward thinking IMO.

True that every since they introduced the Fox body .. Mustangs have always looked cool , they change a lot but always keep the Mustang look to them ...:nice:

I recommend one of these to anyone needing to see the interior of one of these polished turds with wheels in the flesh.

barfbag.jpg

,,,,,, otherwise they might try and make you buy it after you've hurled!

My son and I went to the local Chevy Stealership to see one. They had a Silver with Black Leather, SS, $37K. The only thing that I thought was nice about the car were the 20" wheels, the soft-looking leather seats, and the steering wheel. The car is huge, it basically looks like someone took a normal car, and flattened it out. Very wide, very boxy, very flat. Then comes the interior. Yes it is ugly! The top of the dash is very deep, I would say close to 24". The gage cluster doesn't look right, the center of the dash sticks out like a pod, and the center console has 4 small rectangular gauges. Even my son who's 11, thought the interior looked funny! Well, I guess we'll just have to see how they fair on the street, being as big as they really are. Buddy of mine has a Trailbalzer SS, and I like that thing better than the new Camaro, and it's a kid hauler!

I don't mind the ext. hate the interior (but i do like the retro guages on the console), and hate the fact that u take a V6 Camaro, put an intake and tune on it, and will be as fast as my GT - makes me f'n sick

I liked it.

I looked at an yellow SS here in TX at a local dealership. I was very impressed. I loved the interior. It harkens back to 1969, especially if you get the console gauges. I loved the amount of room in the engine bay. You could easily install longtubes with no problem.

Overall, I give it a 9 out of 10. Very nice, and I will own one eventually. You can't beat the horsepower either. Who cares if it is a big fat heavy pig!:nice:

I have not gone out of my way to see the Camaro. I've soured on GM due to my '82 Firebird. Even if GM quality has improved i can't seem to get out of my mind the memory of cheap plastic, knobs breaking off, electrical shorts, transmission problems, rear end problems, and power windows not working while I'm in a hairy neighborhood. A lot of people have soured on GM based on prior experience - despite purported improvement in quality.

The S197 Mustang is not a small car IMO so I cannot imagine driving a Camaro in the city. Even if their V6 can get more power, I still don't like the sound.

I have not gone out of my way to see the Camaro. I've soured on GM due to my '82 Firebird. Even if GM quality has improved i can't seem to get out of my mind the memory of cheap plastic, knobs breaking off, electrical shorts, transmission problems, rear end problems, and power windows not working while I'm in a hairy neighborhood. A lot of people have soured on GM based on prior experience - despite purported improvement in quality.

I have felt the same way since owning a 97 S-10, a timing chain and hinges on the door and even a heater core amongst other issues all before a 100k. never had issues with a ford like that. :(

I looked at an yellow SS here in TX at a local dealership. I was very impressed. I loved the interior. It harkens back to 1969, especially if you get the console gauges. I loved the amount of room in the engine bay. You could easily install longtubes with no problem.

Overall, I give it a 9 out of 10. Very nice, and I will own one eventually. You can't beat the horsepower either. Who cares if it is a big fat heavy pig!:nice:

plus - there's a free bowtie with every purchase

img_1967.jpg

Not Gloating

Not gloating at all....If you make a product no one buys, for whatever reason, and you lack the capital to weather the dry spell then you should file for chp 13 or 11 and work thru the problem or close shop.
A corporation no matter who it is should not seek relief and warranties guaranteed by taxpayers to save a special interest groups jobs.
"Americas Chevrolet" was never supposed to literally mean we own the company. State ownership of business, ie production is Marxism.
The better route is let the companies fail. Let them get bought up at action and rise again as great American corporations...