Went To The Dark Side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Other than the C6 Z06, I personally prefer the C5 body style over the C6...Only thing I like better about the C6 is that it doesnt have the popup headlights....

Word! Check this out...

meet%20025.jpg

meet%20026.jpg

^^Guys in my club. Yeah the Z is modded too LOL... :rlaugh:

Attachments

• meet%20025.jpg
    meet%20025.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 77
  • meet%20026.jpg
    meet%20026.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 69
Well guys some things came up and I wont be getting the Vette, some money problems happened and I couldn't take the risk of not being able to make payments. :( I had a guy intrested in buying her out right and I just cant do it as of right now, since I do have some money Im thinking, if I do keep her, I'm going to do:

Built 4R70W
Stall
Some Suspension Work
100 Shot of Nitrous
Fresh Tune

Should easily put me in the 10s I think and cost 1/4 of what I would have been paying for the new Vette if I go through with it.

you might need lower gears for that. Built 4R + stall will help a lot if you have stickies. 100 shot of No2 is straight serious dawg:eek:
What kind of cams do you have? Pretty dependent on the stall you get

Dude that sucks... Buy a used C5 z06 or coupe... Even if you don't like the C5 looks, they still are kickass lol...

There is no way that I'll even look at a base C5 WAY to slow and I've drove a few C5 Z06s and I just dont think its enough car for me, plus the reason why I wanted a new Vette was because the warrenty and they ran mid-low 12s stock pretty easily.

you might need lower gears for that. Built 4R + stall will help a lot if you have stickies. 100 shot of No2 is straight serious dawg:eek:
What kind of cams do you have? Pretty dependent on the stall you get

I have VT Stg2 Blower cams.

I run MT DRs now and have traction problems so the stall is kind of iffy but the built auto and 100 shot would sick!

There is no way that I'll even look at a base C5 WAY to slow and I've drove a few C5 Z06s and I just dont think its enough car for me, plus the reason why I wanted a new Vette was because the warrenty and they ran mid-low 12s stock pretty easily.

I run MT DRs now and have traction problems so the stall is kind of iffy but the built auto and 100 shot would sick!

Even though both are superior cars to Mustangs, I would rather have my Mach 1 over a base C5 or C6 anyday....Thats just me though....Besides the Z06's, ZR1, Gran Sport, & the old school models, Vettes just dont do it 4 me....They make me think of old gray hair guys with leather driving gloves!!!!

& I have driven C5's & C6's BTW!!!!

Head, cam, and tune and it's faster than yer car that you've put $$,$$$ into though, and you save WAY more money than buying a C6 :D Hell, on just a hundred shot, 100% stock I know guys running low 12's in 97/98 C5's.

Vette (C5/C6) is a better performance platform than the SN95 platform buck for buck.

a good TC wouldnt make traction impossible, it should be applied progressively as the rpm's climb. So just don't launch at 3500 and you'll be fine

Vette (C5/C6) is a better performance platform than the SN95 platform buck for buck.

In that case, the vette C4 is probably a better performance platform than the Fox chassis. They came with the same 2 piston PBR calipers we have on the 94-04 Cobra's back in the mid 80's for cryin out loud. But it just comes down to what u like & I dont base everything on the better performance factor..... I just have a genuine love for Mustangs. Now this doesnt mean i would never own a Vette, but u wont see the stang EVER being replaced by 1....

Head, cam, and tune and it's faster than yer car that you've put $$,$$$ into though, and you save WAY more money than buying a C6 :D Hell, on just a hundred shot, 100% stock I know guys running low 12's in 97/98 C5's.

Maybe with a Z06 but not a C5. My friend has an 06 C6 with ported L92 heads(08Heads), semi-aggresive cam, LT Headers, mid pipe, catback, ported 08 Intake and TB, 160 TStat, UD Pullies, and 93 Oct Custom Tune and the car only runs .1 faster than me. So I know its going to take atleast that plus some on a base C5 or even Z06. Hell that is 13,000 dollars worth of Mods on a C6 Corvette and prolly close to the same on a C5.

TTT

Did your daddy buy a corvette for you yet?

Or is this just more of your usual fockin :bs:

Also curious, why do you have your daddy's cars in your sig as if they were yours?

Wow jealousy?

First no I’m getting it, I thought I made a post here stating that things fell through and I didn’t want to take the risk financially on not being able to make the payments. Yes so what my parents help me with my cars big deal, I also pay for a lot of stuff on my own. I was going to take out a loan to pay for it, but oh well. I make more than enough money working 30-40hrs a week to make the payments BUT work was/is slowing down.

Also how is this BS? What have I BSd about?

What is it to you that I have my dads car, that we share and I drive and take care of more than him, in my sig.

Tell you what KT if you want to meet up one day Ill knock you down a notch and get that "I’m a badass because I drive a Cobra" mentality out of you head when I whop you ass with my little 2V GT.

I could see you calling BS if I had some base GT but I already have a built GT so why would it be so hard to belive I could get a Corvette?

Status
Not open for further replies.