Went to the track for first time, man do I suck

I have no doubt that I am the major problem with the performance of my car, but it would give me some piece of mind to know that the car didnt suffer any ill consequences as a result of the over heating. I am a little worried about the fact that I cant get the car to chirp the tires anymore. I used to (before the overheating) be able to get the car to spin them on the 1-2 shift and chirp them on the 2-3 shift. I just want some piece of mind. As far as Jesus driving a Mustang, I used to be a Chevy guy, but they had nothing to offer when i wanted a new car so I went over to the Blue Oval. And, I must say, I am very happy with the car most of the time.

• Sponsors (?)

I have been studying my time slip further and was wondering if the time of the other guy on the slip could shed any light on my performance.

60'

Me: 2.333 Him: 2.097

Me: 6.527 Him: 5.788

1/8

Me: 9.887 Him: 8.739

MPH

Me: 74.86 Him: 81.65

Me: 12.746 Him:11.356

1/4

Me: 15.123 Him: 13.572

MPH

Me: 95.33 Him: 101.72

So here is what I noticed:

My 60' time sucked compared to this guy. 60' is obviously due to driver crappiness.
At the 330 ft. mark I am less than a second behind him (7/10th difference)
At the 1/8 mile point I am a second behind him and 6 mph off his pace.
At the 1000 ft mark I am 1.4 seconds off his pace.
At the 1/4 mile mark I am 1.5 seconds off his pace but still only 6 mph off his speed.

I dont know if any of this can help determine how much of my et is my fault and how much is my cars fault. Interested to here what you think.

work on your launch. try lowering your tire pressure to around 25psi. also, try lowering your shift points. i trap significantly higher by shifting around 5400-5500rpms, then when shifting near redline.

as everyone else suggested, keep practicing.

-derek

Sure, easy for you to say 01'True Blue GT. Have you ever tried to get something off your back when your hands are nailed to it. Come to think of it, that did make shifting significantly more difficult then it needed to be. Actually, Im surprised they let me through tech like that.I guess they figured I couldnt really get hurt or something. Any way, I guess drag racing is quite a bit more difficult than walking on water or transmutating matter :) I did do this trick once where I turned a piece of ***** into a chevy once, but no body could tell the difference. Go figure. I guess the real miracle would have been to keep it from falling a part.

Jesus said:
Sure, easy for you to say 01'True Blue GT. Have you ever tried to get something off your back when your hands are nailed to it. Come to think of it, that did make shifting significantly more difficult then it needed to be. Actually, Im surprised they let me through tech like that.I guess they figured I couldnt really get hurt or something. Any way, I guess drag racing is quite a bit more difficult than walking on water or transmutating matter :) I did do this trick once where I turned a piece of ***** into a chevy once, but no body could tell the difference. Go figure. I guess the real miracle would have been to keep it from falling a part.

:cheers: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

sweht!! I always knew that jesus was a ford guy! thatz why the F150 has been the number one seller for the past 20 someodd years! Satan must be a chevy guy.. he makes the outside look good (trans am not catfish SS's) but makes the motors have piston slap! :rlaugh:

Jesus said:

:rlaugh: :lol:

neoclasiccl said:
I am still curious as to why the car will not bark second gear with 4:10's that makes no sense :shrug:

well if its cold out where he lives, the tires won't bark cause the tires 7 the ground are cold. i know everytime i step on it all i hear is shshhshshshhshsh :D stupid crapy weather :bang: