Went to the track last night

01BlkGT

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
ATX
I was able to make 4 passes:

first 3 runs were 13.1 @ 108-109mph with a 2.1 60' times.

Last run I was lined up with a trans am (dont know the mods except that he had DR's). I was able to able to out launch him and stayed ahead the whole time to net 13.04 @ 110 w/ 2.03 60' time.

The victory was bittersweet b/c as I was driving down the pit road, I found that I couldnt get into 4rth gear. It just grinds everytime I try to put it into gear and even if I try to put the car the neutral (while moving) and rev match it grinds trying to go into gear. Seems to be I killed the 3-4 shift fork b/c and possibly the 2nd gear synchros b/c 2nd will pop out every once in a while...while driving around.

So the next question what are my choices. There is a guy around town that says it'll cost around $525 to drop the tranny and replace the shift fork. Seems kinda high to be me, but he is the only one I've talked to so far. It seems to me that if second gear is gone too, it might make more sense to upgrade to a TKO or T56 b/c the 2nd time (if there is) will make up the cost of just upgrading anyways. So any suggestions????? I figures with the TKO it would be a plug and play, but if I get the t-56 I can count on getting new driveshaft, shifter, flywheel, and clutch right? Anything else???

I figured someone may know of where to get either tranny for cheap or steer me in a right direction. I appreciate any help, and hopefully I can get the car up and running again soon b/c I was sooooooo close to hitting 12's on street tires.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm guessing it is a shift fork, but I'm not tranny savy enough to say for sure. Basically it feels like it in gear when I physically move the shifter into place, but as soon as I start engaging the clutch it starts to grind. Maybe its the synchros I dunno :shrug: . I was able to shift into fourth during the run, but after the fact I couldnt get back into it, so I dunno. Just trying to look around for different options.

reeber,

which tko did you get, the TKO500 or the TKO600.

TKO500-TA500F TCET 4615 Ford Street/Strip 3.27 / 1.98 / 1.34 / 1.1 / .68

TA600F TCET 5008 Ford Super 2.87 / 1.89 / 1.28 / 1.1 / .64

I'm guessing that since the final drive doesnt have much difference, then it wouldnt be worth the lower ratios in the 1st 4 gears right. Been looking at the t56 's and it seems that the costs just keep racking up with that tranny, so the TKO seems like the best way to go imo. Any other suggestions?