Went to the track (vids)

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Went to Darlington Raceway last night with a group of people from one of the clubs I'm in. Had a good time, but I only made 4 runs.

The track decided to make everyone wear a helmet, which wasn't previously stated nor enforced, so I had to borrow one to make my runs. I didn't want to bother too many people so I ran what I could.

I was running a set of M/T ET Streets, 17 and 15psi. Should have gone lower, but didn't get there.

First run (motor), right off the road:

60': 1.95
1/8th: 8.96 @ 80.76
1/4: 13.96 @ 99.2

That was OK, on part with my other motor runs and the timing back backed down for nitrous.

Second run (nitrous... lol):

60': 2.022
1/8th: 9.67 @ 59.64
1/4: 18.16 @ 50.97...:rlaugh:

Like an idiot, I had forgotten that the bottle was CLOSED, though I left it open. So it hit off the line and very quickly started missing hard. Thought I really messed something up until I realized it was just dumping fuel and no nitrous.

Third (nitrous):

60': 1.920
1/8th: 8.30 @ 89.7
1/4: 12.74 @ 111.31

This is my personal best. MPH went up two MPH from my last personal best, so I am happy about that. Clutch held it this time, and the weather was better. Confident in the 12.20-12.40 ability with that MPH. I launched on motor, rolled out a few feet and hit the switch.

Fourth (nitrous):

60': 2.02
1/8th: 8.32 @ 88.74
1/4: 12.79 @ 110.4

I launched at 5k spraying, tires wouldn't hold so my 60' suffered a little. Bottle pressure was too low (mid 600's) to give a full hit, but the car tried to leave the hardest I've ever felt it leave despite it spinning. If it had hooked, I think it'd have been a 12.40-12.50.

Had a great time. Need a fuel pump though, could smell it went real lean on the end of the first nitrous run where the bottle pressure was still high. Wasn't too worried about the second run with the lower pressure though.

Nothing broke, so I can't complain... and I didn't run slower than before.

N/A run:

Darlington 3 16 11 :: 1strun.mp4 video by LowProGT - Photobucket

12.73... was racing my buddies H/C/I 6 speed Z/28, 440rwhp on motor. I got the holeshot on him but he passed me around the 1/8th mark.

Darlington 3 16 11 :: MevsTyler.mp4 video by LowProGT - Photobucket

12.79... fun launch.

Darlington 3 16 11 :: N20LastRun.mp4 video by LowProGT - Photobucket

From my buddies go-pro:

Motor:

YouTube - Foursix 3/16/11

12.79, 5k nitrous launch:

YouTube - Foursix.2

• Sponsors (?)

the last video you posted was awesome.

That's my favorite as well, thanks. That was shot from my buddy's Go-Pro... freaking awesome camera. He had it on our friend's Camaro SS that was trapping 125mph and it didn't even flinch.

Nice runs. Some stickies and you should be good to go.

Thanks.

Problem is, that was with sticky tires. They just weren't sticking enough.

Cool vids!

Appreciate it.

Second run (nitrous... lol):

60': 2.022
1/8th: 9.67 @ 59.64
1/4: 18.16 @ 50.97...:rlaugh:

Like an idiot, I had forgotten that the bottle was CLOSED, though I left it open. So it hit off the line and very quickly started missing hard. Thought I really messed something up until I realized it was just dumping fuel and no nitrous.

hahahahahahahahahsahahahahahah I remember one time when i sprayed that my ground for my nitrous solenoid came lose when i went over a train tracks and then i sprayed it later down the road and it bogged down hard! I thought the motor was fried hahaha. thank god I had a good ground to the negative battery and never lost my fuel ground while the nitrous was spraying lol.

but eh it happens lol I would have been scared ****less until i got off the track and realized what I did lol. then i would be laughing at myself.