Went to track tonight,,need your help

willys1

Dec 2, 2003
New Jersey
I went to the track tonight and couldnt get lower then 14.7 :notnice: My best is 14.3. Then I added a kirban FpR,,410's and drag springs and a t-moss lower intake!! WTF!! My 14.3 was with 373's!!

• Sponsors (?)

The air has been terrible lately, my last trip at the track was when it was 80 degrees, and very humid. The best I could do was 15.0. I think I had a vacuum leak but still, a few tenths higher then I have been running.

ok, i'm not gonna try to start anything with the great gear debate, but it does make me wonder........is your shift point the same as it was with the 3.73's? does it feel like it's running harder off the line but falling flat towards the top? i suppose the manifold could have something to do with it too.......was your 1/8 mile any faster or did they measure that at your track?
i'm no expert, but i'd venture to say if your 60' is better and your 1/8 mile is the same or better, your manifold is working ok off the line, as well as the gears, but the gears may be over revving your engine into a flat spot for the rest of the 1/4. thad be my guess, assuming it wasn't just a really bad day climate wise.

well you were at 14.3..........was that fairly consitent?? you were close, if you can get it back to 14.3 get some heads and you'll probably get there. i'm curious, since i have similar car what are all your mods??? hey if it only has 43,000 on it maybe it just isn't broken in yet....lol.don't give up on it...

timewarped1972 said:
well you were at 14.3..........was that fairly consitent?? you were close, if you can get it back to 14.3 get some heads and you'll probably get there. i'm curious, since i have similar car what are all your mods??? hey if it only has 43,000 on it maybe it just isn't broken in yet....lol.don't give up on it...
I wouldnt want to have to get heads just to get into the 13's. Obviously he has another problem, too bad I cant help you though.:shrug: Maybe the tranny is starting to go south or something?

Dave

have you ever checked any of the spark plugs to see what color they are? i think the last thing you want to do is add more fuel on a hot day, unless it's running lean to begin with. i've found it's best to add fuel when the temp is colder, and take some out when it's hot. did your mph change with the change of fuel pressure? you ET change could be coincidence.

i doubt the manifold is hurting you. Tmoss has a nice reputation for his lower intakes. a dyno tune will really help. hopefully i'll get one sometime in the near future.

it would be helpful if you listed the breakdown of the two timeslips (latest and previous best). list everything number wise, try to take note of difference in weather, different track, etc.

by tha way, 25thmustang... where did you pick up those leather seats in your car??? i want those... mine are pretty beat now... don't think i'm tryin to make my car just like yours...lol i just love those, what year are they out of?

92GreenGT said:
I wouldnt want to have to get heads just to get into the 13's. Obviously he has another problem, too bad I cant help you though.:shrug: Maybe the tranny is starting to go south or something?

Dave
no i know, your right he should"nt have to put heads on it(although it seems more common for aod owners to need them for 13's ) but if it was because of the gears that slowed him down he'll have to upgrade something to get more power on top. the only reason i questioned the gears was because of the mods he made that was one of them and sometimes that can slow a car down in the 1/4 especially if it runs into a flat spot.

Dont say,I think its the driver,,ok! Heres what I got, CAI,,65mm TB,,75mm maf,,T-Moss lower,,screamin Demon ign,,FMS shorties,,off rd h-pipe,,Bassani cat back,,PI stall conv,,trans-go shift kit,,aluminum DS,,410's,,Hoosier Quick Time Pro's..I think this should = 13's.