Progress Thread We're Back And With A New Project. Build Thread!

You planning on doing some of this:
sgtfiredog-albums-random-picture4656-gonna-do-my-truck.jpg

Wow.....At least in Florida, I can assure you that is completely illegal even for someone that has a concealed carry permit. I just got home from work and dropped everything on the pool table to open the box like a kid on Christmas. You are supposed to be focusing on the huge polished thing, not the little black plastic thing! ;)

• Sponsors (?)

That is some set up. That would be a long stop if pulled over and that sitting there.

I carry a full size .40 because I'd rather have 28 shots (14 per magazine) then what the carry guns offer. I have no problem carrying heavier.

cd964f3b.jpg

When I want more H&K .45 USP Compact.

a7c6316e.jpg

Here is the S&W 500 Video. Notice is so loud other people at the range stop shooting. Plus the 4 foot fireball can be scene from all lanes.

This is our friend Carl enjoying the wrist breaking shots of the 500.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/jpjr50/?action=view&current=7daee1b6.mp4

As you can tell we are gun fanatics too. If we're not working on the car we are at the range or gun show. I know Rog goes almost every week, I'm every other week.

For Father's day my wife and kids got me .40, .45 Ammo and Gift card to my local range.

I think in MO this is legal, I know you can have a loaded firearm within reach hidden or in the open (IIRC). I just dont know if there is a min. distance. The law was changed a few years ago when they enacted the castle law/doctrine and included automobiles to discourage carjacking. You don't need a CCW for having a loaded firearm accessible in a automobile is basically what it boils down too.

Well the month mark just passed since starting this project. It's coming along ok.

Just about everything in N/A form is on. Vacuum lines on, wiring done, timing cover bolt finally done. Really the only thing now is the Vortech and fuel pump. Guess it could be this weekend if the car let's us (been a fight with this car on everything).

It's already done, pictures on Page 3 I believe. Stocker came out and a split duration TFS Stage 1 is in. Didnt like the cam bearing wear but I think it should be ok for awhile.

I didnt know if you were sticking with the TFS 1, or going with a blower cam. I'll be interested to see the power you make with that cam. So many people use it N/A, and now they can see how much power it can help produce in a F/I combo. Good stuff.

I think in MO this is legal, I know you can have a loaded firearm within reach hidden or in the open (IIRC). I just dont know if there is a min. distance. The law was changed a few years ago when they enacted the castle law/doctrine and included automobiles to discourage carjacking. You don't need a CCW for having a loaded firearm accessible in a automobile is basically what it boils down too.

I know in Iowa your CCW allows you to keep your weapon loaded while in the passenger compartment of a vehicle. Without it, the weapon and ammo have to be seperately contained, and out of reach of each other. Im curious if you could rock a set up like that legally here. Obviously police wouldnt care for it either way.

I know in Iowa your CCW allows you to keep your weapon loaded while in the passenger compartment of a vehicle. Without it, the weapon and ammo have to be seperately contained, and out of reach of each other. Im curious if you could rock a set up like that legally here. Obviously police wouldnt care for it either way.
In Florida while in a car, CCW or not, the same rules apply. The gun can be in any condition (mag loaded, unloaded, one in the chamber) however it must be "securely encased in a latched compartment." So a glove box or center console is sufficient to satisfy that.

Looks like a hole shot at the track while the car is in the garage. Car had been jacked up for a few weeks and when I put it down I also pushed down on the front end. Can't believe it's riding that high in the front. Looks like it's getting ready to do a wheelie standing still.

We've been undecided about the drop for this car. We are going to cut the springs a few times to find the desired height. Once acheived we will order accordingly. Intially it was going to be FRPP 5300-C spring which have a drop of .875" front / .5" rear. Looks like that these springs won't drop the front down enough. We will have to cut first. Pictures of it dropped coming soon.

41773893.jpg