Progress Thread We're Back And With A New Project. Build Thread!

Florida is pretty flat but we do have smooth roads and many are twisties. On / Off ramps to highways and turnpikes are known for testing suspension and tire modifications. During the trip to the track with my new Steeda control arms, I tested them out getting onto the turnpike which has a tight sweeping on ramp. Man am I glad that control didn't break on that ramp, would have been badly hurt. Luckily it broke while going straight.

I've been to UPR many times and know the owners. After my heads / cam change on the 94 they dyno tuned my car with a custom chip plus we tested many cold air kits. He did a good job on it.

Rog wants to go Maximum or Steeda (very pricey). I can go either way including UPR. Team Z seems to be the best drag racing suspension out there right now but drag racing isn't the main focus for this car.

Some clearer pictures of the blower.

6fa715fe.jpg

cae7e36c.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Might of missed it, but is that a low boost set-up with the V-3 SCi-Trim? I know your still installing parts, but did that come with bypass valve. Looks awesome :nice:.

You are correct low boost V3i 5-6 psi on supplied pulley's. Maybe up to 8 psi with smaller pulley's and power pipe.

Here it is with MAF and box installed. Man was it a tight fit. Had to trim the box internally to get the stock MAF and air filter to attach. Powerpipe and the 90MM we have later. We need the lightning adapter. That thing is huge it has to go in the fender.

7d249e7e.jpg

f85e3e78.jpg

Might of missed it, but is that a low boost set-up with the V-3 SCi-Trim? I know your still installing parts, but did that come with bypass valve. Looks awesome :nice:.
We opted for the low boost base kit for a few reasons. The first being that both of us went through our own individual nightmares with the old V1 S-Trim in our 94's and wanted to take baby steps as far as the boost and tuning. The second being that the V3 SCi with the right supporting mods can be cranked up to the performance of the Si trim unit (or close to it) and I prefer buying my own supporting mods rather than having them provided for me such as the BTM and injectors, etc. With the current mods and 5psi I am hoping to be near 360 or so at the wheels with a conservative A/F ratio. If so, that should be enough to quench the HP bug for at least a little while.

So no blow valve? I know they don't include it in the kit, but it's a safe investment even with low boost. Keep up the good work and enjoy a safe July 4th :flag:.

Happy 3rd Of July!

This is only half the fireworks we have.

2- 300 shot middle box
1- 28 Shot Grand Finale Kit
1- 25 Shot Grand Finale Kit
1- 32 Shot Mortar Set
2- 36 Shot Mini Mortar Kit
1- 8 Shot Mini Mortar Kit
2- 80 Shot Firecracker Mat

a8f29912.jpg

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!

For those who are serving in the Military, thanks for all you've done. I remember the days after 9/11 when cars were sporting American Flags galore. Sometimes we take our freedom granted. Hope everyone has a great 4th and most importantly be safe.

Back to the car. Yesterday I regapped the plugs for the blower, plugged all the connectors in, installed the battery and a few small things.

Still have to install the x-pipe, install steering shaft, grind down a small portion of the tensioner blower bracket, we had belt issues (stocker to short) and a member provided a belt size needed from the FOX forums, fill motor with all liquids and a few other things.

Don't really have the energy to work on it right now. Man was it brutally hot yesterday. Another muggy day today.

New TPS sensor, tighten some bolts (hopefully fix), get gauges to work inside the car (aftermarket tach no worky), install much needed gauges-boost, fuel pressure, water, oil, new tach, fuel pump, fuel filter and most importantly-reliable tune with the twEECer. I took the charcoal canister off the car and can't find broken vacuum line. If I can't get it then removing the passenger wheel well is in order which isn't fun. Couple of bugs which is expected from removing every bolt in the engine bay. We are in serious need of clutch cable firewall adjuster and quadrant. The clutch engadges a few millimeters off the floor.

Have you considered J&M control arms? I love mine with the adjustable lowers. You should really give them a call and talk to them and tell them what you are looking at (mention maximum motorsports). They have a bushing design that is very unique. I couldn't decide between a spherical bearing and a standard bushing so I ended up going with neither.

I like your suspension idea though. Relatively cheap yet effective with a nice ride. Pretty similar to my setup. You really need a torque arm and panhard bar for it to actually start to handle good though.

Have you considered J&M control arms? I love mine with the adjustable lowers. You should really give them a call and talk to them and tell them what you are looking at (mention maximum motorsports). They have a bushing design that is very unique. I couldn't decide between a spherical bearing and a standard bushing so I ended up going with neither.

I like your suspension idea though. Relatively cheap yet effective with a nice ride. Pretty similar to my setup. You really need a torque arm and panhard bar for it to actually start to handle good though.

Yes, I've considered it. I had 4 Bolt J&M Caster / Camber plates on my 94 after I put the 347 in it. Thought they were quality pieces. I bought them off of Stangnet. I see the banner all the time about plates and upper / lower control arms.

Roger doesn't want anything other than Maximum or Steeda. Both are quality pieces as well just expensive. I can go either way.

Yes, I've considered it. I had 4 Bolt J&M Caster / Camber plates on my 94 after I put the 347 in it. Thought they were quality pieces. I bought them off of Stangnet. I see the banner all the time about plates and upper / lower control arms.

Roger doesn't want anything other than Maximum or Steeda. Both are quality pieces as well just expensive. I can go either way.
I am open to other brands. Just dont want to put my safety in the hands of UPR after quite a few of the things I have read regarding their quality control.

i have steeda control arms and they have served me fairly well. it handles pretty decently around the turns that i've taken it but haven't PUSHED it either. i vote them since you are so close and they've been good on their product in the past.

No work on the car yesterday since we couldn't get the TPS. Then we did find it but they wanted a fortune for it. Hope to have the TPS today.

Taking the front wheels off the car again, all the sticky balance weights fell off when we pulled the car out of the garage. Sending them to get rebalanced with bang on weights I guess.

Need to tighten the driver side valve cover (got a leaker), hope to not cross thread the aluminum but I guess it will make a tight seal.

It's extremely hot out and getting worse everyday. Was going to work on the car last night but I was pouring sweat just walking to the mailbox.