wet or dry n20??

ive searched but nothing makes sense really....i just need someone to directly tell me....

i have a stock 4.6l motor with just basic bolt ons....

ive heard to not run a wet system on the 4.6 so ive been looking into dry kits online....i called a local speed shop to see if they had any in stock and the guy says he wouldnt run a dry system go with a wet...so now im like wtf lol..

i was lookin at a Zex Dry Nitrous Kit at mustangsunlimited.com for 509.99 i believe..i will be getting the blow down valve things, purge, and bottle heater....

i was planning on running a 100 shot...or is that too much for the stock block?

so really the question is Dry or Wet? What Kit? How Much Of A Shot?

• Sponsors (?)

ive got a stock mustang 4.6 and im bout to be running a 125/150 shot and i was told with a proper tune and colder plugs the 125 should be fine,not sure about the zex kit but with my nx kit i dont have to change the fuel pump..
im sure someone here can help you

theres nothing wrong with a wet kit, in most cases they are superior to the dry ones, they are just a little tougher to install. The noszle kits (i think that is how you spell it) are just about the best and with a good tune you can safely run even more than a 100 shot because that kit comes with several safety features like a shut off etc. and it evens out the distribution of fuel and nitrous. good kit. do a search on here, i have seen a couple other people talking about it. pricy, but very nice. the safest shot is always none, but you should be realatively safe with with a 100 or less on the stock internals, and i do stress realatively. the problem is it is a crapshoot, some people run high boost or nitrous for a very long time with no trouble, other people blow it the first day. just luck i guess and how you drive it, make sure to get a tune. just my .02

I have been running a wet kit for 3 years and have had no problems on it and my car is creeping up on 100,000 miles. I have heard the wet shot will make more rwhp than a dry shot but that is just hearsay.

ps

buy it kicks ass

To get wet or dry really just depends on how big a shot you want to run. More nitrous requires more fuel. Typically most stock blocks tend to run a 75 or 100 shot. If you want to run something like a 50 shot, a dry kit will probably be fine, as the stock fuel system should be able to add the additional fuel. Im not sure about a 75 (although wet would probably be safer), a 100 will deffinately have to be wet with a stock fuel system.

Just be sure to follow all instructions, take your time, run colder plugs and get a quality tune.

Wet kit, definitely. Probably no more than a 100 to 125 shot on a stock shortblock. A wet kit sends both nitrous and extra fuel when you spray. A dry kit sends only nitrous and depends on other methods to get the additional fuel. With a wet kit, you run some risk of fuel puddling in your intake and blowing the intake. In my opinion, with a dry kit, you run much more risk of blowing your engine due to going lean in one or more cylinders. The most important thing is to get all the safety items and a good tune.