Wet vs Dry

00gtconv

Founding Member
Oct 25, 2002
I just got a NX wet kit .I was using a Zex Dry kit. In all fairness the dry kit was not made for my car but I was able to adjust it to fit my car.

The Dry kit with a 125 shot pill added 78 rwhp and 98 tq
The dry kit was very safe; it will not puddle fuel in the manifold.Also since the dry kit ran nitrous through the mass air ,when bottle pressure dropped so would the flow of fuel. It was very easy to install,and I beat 99% of the cars on the street.

The new NX wet kit hit like a horse. The 100 shot pill added 110rwhp and 198rwtq: thats right 320hp with 448rwtq at the rear(mustang dyno).
The wet kit is a little more unstable. Consistant bottle pressure is everything.The fuel flow is always the same;however if the bottle pressure drops the car starts to run rich:if it gets too low.... kaboom. A Bottle warmer is a must with a wet kit.The kit took a little more time (1hr more)to install.

I always felt very safe with the dry kit. I didn't worry if the bottle was running low or if I had low bottle pressure.Also, I hit the rev limiter several times without any problems.

I love the wet kit but I have to pay a little more attention to bottle pressure.

I cant wait to get to the track.

• Sponsors (?)