What 5 Lug Conversion Do I Have?

Detroiit

May 27, 2014
Detroit MI.
I am need of some wheels and I was looking at a AM sight and I noticed that they made it sound like their 5 lug conversion kits are proprietary to their company. So it has me wondering how can I tell what 5 lug conversion kit is on my 90 fox? Was it a SN swap? A cobra Swap? some other swap? I was told cobra with 12 or 13" front rotors and calipers and rear is 5 lug drum. I guess my question is how many different kits and are they all compatible? How can I tell? I did notice the front rotor is only held on by the caliper(no hub nut or bearing holding it on if this even matters).

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds like you have a typical SN95 front setup, and ranger drums w/ the requisite axles in back. Cobra calipers will be obvious on front even if they are not lettered by two distinct, recessed holes visible through the wheel that retain the outside brake pad. Commensurately,those rotors will measure 13". And you are correct, they "float", retained by the wheel when it is bolted to the hub, as opposed to stock fox stuff wherein the rotor is held onto the spindle w/ a nut.

If the rotors don't measure 13", and you do not have the calipers as I've described, then you will have just a standard SN 95 brake that came off of the donor car that the hubs probably came from.

It sounds like you have a typical SN95 front setup, and ranger drums w/ the requisite axles in back. Cobra calipers will be obvious on front even if they are not lettered by two distinct, recessed holes visible through the wheel that retain the outside brake pad. Commensurately,those rotors will measure 13". And you are correct, they "float", retained by the wheel when it is bolted to the hub, as opposed to stock fox stuff wherein the rotor is held onto the spindle w/ a nut.

If the rotors don't measure 13", and you do not have the calipers as I've described, then you will have just a standard SN 95 brake that came off of the donor car that the hubs probably came from.
I will have to measure the rotor(probably is 13") it does have the recessed holes in the caliper.

THanks for you reply now I will have to do my homework to figure out offset and such..

If those are the rims in your avatar on the car, more then likely you have an SN95 front conversion.

Pics should help though. Take a shot of the front brakes, rear brakes, and the master cylinder and we can tell

If those are the rims in your avatar on the car, more then likely you have an SN95 front conversion.

Pics should help though. Take a shot of the front brakes, rear brakes, and the master cylinder and we can tell
Yes.. Those are the rims on my stang.. I have it backed on ramps in the rear and jack stand on the front passanger side I did a tune up and oil change. We are going to the track tomorrow the 12th. When I pull it off the ramps and put the car on the ground I will remove the wheels and get detailed pics.