What aftermarket stereos do you guys have?

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by blksgrl, Jun 28, 2005.

1. machfelon

machfelon New Member

ALPINE 7893
    MEMPHIS AUDIO 2 channel amp
    ALPINE 4 channel amp
    MQ QUART Speakers
  2. stock 92 gt

stock 92 gt New Member

pioneer or panasonic HU
  3. 96GTauto

96GTauto Founding Member

Ditto. Clarion also makes good HUs, but eclipses are my personal favorite. I dont have a full after market system in the cobra yet, but I have a 01 GMC 1500 reg cab with eclipse 8454 HU, two phoenix gold titanuim 400s powering four JL 10w3v2s in a bandpass through a bed cut, and clarion 4x6 direct replacement plates in the rear posts. Before i could finish the front stage and wire up the amp for the highs, I got the cobra and the truck got put on hold. For the cobra, I'm going with eclipse AVX2494 DVD/CD, phoenix titanium elite front and rear components powered by phoenix xenon 200.4, JL 10w3v2 mustang stealthbox (for trunk space only) powered by phoenix xenon 400.1 and titanium bass cube. If I wanted the most bass, I would just leave the ol JL 8w6s in the bandpass and PG titanium 500.4 I have in there now, but I NEEEEEEED some trunk space!!!! :D
  4. 96GTauto

96GTauto Founding Member

And yes the Mach 6 disc is junk as well as the whole rest of the system.

EDIT: stay away from sony HUs. I dont know about the rest of their products, but the CD players are crap. All my xplode HU did in my 96 gt was skip. I've never had a CD skip in any of the 3 eclipse units i've had, no matter how scratched the disc was.
  5. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Founding Member

make sure it has an MP3 feature, that way u can get about 140 songs per cd.
  6. eedwards

eedwards New Member

McIntosh, front to back: head unit, 2 4-channel amps, two-way speaker system in front, coax in rear, McIntosh subwoofer. All done but the aesthetics. Ask, if interested, for more info.
  7. Philstang

Philstang New Member

I have a Kenwood EZ500 HU with Infinity Kappa speakers and Infinity amps (mono and 4 channel). Still getting everything installed. After reading up on the HU, it seems to have alot of great features.