What are Americans thinking?

Red1990Lx

Nov 2, 2006
Ohio
I just got this in an e-mail and wanted to see what everyone else thought about this. I just cannot believe that a school would allow their students to disrespect our own country, the country these "Illegals" live in. If they think Americans are so bad, why are they here. I know money is great, but sooner or latter they won't have jobs if they keep protesting like this... What does everyone else think? Keep it nice, I want this to stay open more than two minutes......

You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High School in California.

Attachments

• disrespect1.jpg
    disrespect1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 95
  • disrespect2.jpg
    disrespect2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Sponsors (?)

flying the flag upside down is a symbol of political unrest at least that is the "reason" in most cases. It is a proper use but the catch is who "ok's" political unrest??

the flag should be the highest flying flag. end of story...you dont like it last I checked you were free to leave.

**** people

what exactly were they protesting?

They were protesting the fact that America was tightening up it's boarders, deporting the illegals, and giving out fines to companies who hire illegals... Also, they changed the law that if a child is born to illegals in the USA, he or she is still and illegal, not an American.

They were protesting the fact that America was tightening up it's boarders, deporting the illegals, and giving out fines to companies who hire illegals... Also, they changed the law that if a child is born to illegals in the USA, he or she is still and illegal, not an American.

Good. It's about damn time we do something to put an end to this ****:flag:

flying the flag upside down is a symbol of political unrest at least that is the "reason" in most cases. It is a proper use but the catch is who "ok's" political unrest??

the flag should be the highest flying flag. end of story...you dont like it last I checked you were free to leave.

**** people

Chouldn't have said it better myself... I just don't understand why they are protesting this whole thing... If they really feel that strongly about it, go back to Mexico and be with whoever and don't buy US imports... They are just being hypocrites to their heritage... They eat our food, send our money to their starving country and they still proceed to cry. Where are they in this war? They were one of the first to pull out after things got heated, Bush has a vandetta with them!!!

Well people should have the right to protest. It's kinda a freedom. Freedom is what makes N.A.'ian countries a good place to live. If all illegals were booted out who would do all the work that white people don't like to do? The African Americians won't do it anymore. What was done to them with regards to slavery was very wrong. I hate to say it but if there isn't the cheap labour from people willing to work there butts off everyones dollar will start to stretch very thin.

There are indeed a lot of people out there who live in this country, take its money, reap its benefits, then turn around and **** on the very symbol of what is great about this country. The American flag is far above any petty arguement one may have with the government and its decisions. In fact, the flag has NOTHING to do with any policies or wars or whatnot that people like to bitch and moan about.

Disrespecting the flag does not equal freedom of speech.

they changed the law that if a child is born to illegals in the USA, he or she is still an illegal, not an American.

THAT has to be the best news I've heard in a very long time!!! :flag: :flag: :flag: I have absolutely no problem with ANYONE coming here and becoming a US Citizen, the right way. It's the people who come here and "leach" our economy with no plans of ever giving anything back that p1sses me off. :mad:

Now, I would be really happy if they would pass a law that anyone who is not a US Citizen and is caught committing a crime, just gets sent back to where they're from. No "fair trial". Just "No papers, Bye Bye." That way, we aren't just going out on a witch hunt for people who aren't legal. I don't think that a witch hunt would be the right way to do it.

No i agree disrespecting the flag of any country is not a smooth move. Wasn't the canadian flag hung upside down during the 93 world series when the jays won? Or was it the Americian flag hung upside down? I remember something like that happened.

A minor international incident occurred after a United States Marine Corps color guard erroneously displayed the Canadian flag upside down during the second game's opening ceremony.[1] Speculation ensued amongst some Canadians that the flag was flown upside down as a deliberate insult to Canada, although most agreed the act was unintentional. The Corps apologized for the error and took pains to carry the flag properly after insisting that they would be honored to do so.

yep canadian flag upside down

I don't even like to see people in Iraq, Iran, and wherever else messing around with our flag, but when you do it in the country that is providing you with the opportunity that you have received, I have a problem with that.

It's true that many illegals do jobs that many Americans do not want to do, but the fact is that if illegals weren't here to do them, American businesses would either have to pay more and raise the price of the product or go out of business.

You don't like this country and have such a problem you can stop leeching off of my tax dollars and leave, and don't bother coming back until you want to do it legally and become a good, contributing member of society.

It's true that many illegals do jobs that many Americans do not want to do, but the fact is that if illegals weren't here to do them, American businesses would either have to pay more and raise the price of the product or go out of business.

I really doubt the americian people on a whole could take the rise in cost of all the fruits and veggies if you had to pay a decent wage to harvest.

Well people should have the right to protest. It's kinda a freedom. Freedom is what makes N.A.'ian countries a good place to live. If all illegals were booted out who would do all the work that white people don't like to do? The African Americians won't do it anymore. What was done to them with regards to slavery was very wrong. I hate to say it but if there isn't the cheap labour from people willing to work there butts off everyones dollar will start to stretch very thin.

I know not everyone believes it, but if it came down to it, we could fill these positions... The reason why they are so undesirable is because they are easy jobs that require little to no english spoken and minimal people skills. Those are perfect jobs for someone who just came over illegally therfore driving labor rates down in that area. I do electrical work for a living and I do not go into the residential side of it for this same reason... I do commercial and industrial where you have to know english, math and have at least half a decent brain. But recently, there has been an envasion of hispanics in industrial driving labor rates down further and further... Illegalls, yeah, more than likely......

I don't even like to see people in Iraq, Iran, and wherever else messing around with our flag, but when you do it in the country that is providing you with the opportunity that you have received, I have a problem with that.

You don't like this country and have such a problem you can stop leeching off of my tax dollars and leave, and don't bother coming back until you want to do it legally and become a good, contributing member of society.

They screw hospitals out of hundreds of thousands of dollars with false ID's and social security cards when they get hurt at work or wherever. That has been another draining thing on our economy. They cant just leave someone there dieing in the hospital, they have to treat them; illegal or not... That really ticks me off as well, someone who may be seriously hurt that pays their "dues" may have died or suffered more than they should have just to save and illegal; someone who will never pay those people a dime for their care....

I really doubt the americian people on a whole could take the rise in cost of all the fruits and veggies if you had to pay a decent wage to harvest.

Look at gas prices, we are paying the big bucks and it's still on the rise.... We addapt to these changes... If it means i have to pay more for fruits and vegies to actually go to a restaurant and not see 5 amigos 2 women and 30 kids, I think ill pay the extra 10 cents an apple!!!!

I know not everyone believes it, but if it came down to it, we could fill these positions... The reason why they are so undesirable is because they are easy jobs that require little to no english spoken and minimal people skills. Those are perfect jobs for someone who just came over illegally therfore driving labor rates down in that area. I do electrical work for a living and I do not go into the residential side of it for this same reason... I do commercial and industrial where you have to know english, math and have at least half a decent brain. But recently, there has been an envasion of hispanics in industrial driving labor rates down further and further... Illegalls, yeah, more than likely......

That does suck. I know we had East Indians pretty much take over the trucking Industry up here. They drove the prices down so that they could take over then they complained when the fuel went up and started slapping on fuel surcharges. Its hard for a white person to compete because we just have a different way of living and looking at things. We would not want to stuff 7 families in a 3 bedroom house. But they do and they can get away with driving wages down. Its very sad but thats what a global economy and immigration has got us.

That does suck. I know we had East Indians pretty much take over the trucking Industry up here. They drove the prices down so that they could take over then they complained when the fuel went up and started slapping on fuel surcharges. Its hard for a white person to compete because we just have a different way of living and looking at things. We would not want to stuff 7 families in a 3 bedroom house. But they do and they can get away with driving wages down. Its very sad but thats what a global economy and immigration has got us.

Very well put, that is a bad problem here in Atlanta, GA. The worst part is, a lot of these companies knowingly hire illegals for lawn care positions and dump them in the winter bring them knocking on tradesmens doors persay... Also, a place where TYSON chicken gets their meats from commonly brings 15 men and 15 women from mexico to Atlanta, gets them 6 month work visa's and they stay on the property for that time... They continuously do this throught the year to stay staffed with no fines from our belovid George W.

Its not all work that Americans dont want to do. I have seen it first hand. I work at Sherwin-Williams and recently alot of the painters have been hiring illegals and getting rid of their old workers because they can get the illegals to work cheaper.

If you want to come to this country, fine by me, but please learn the language, and become a LEGAL citizen.