What Are Decent Fox's Selling For

yup, good luck on your find. It's always better to be patient. Last time I bought a used mustang (13 years ago) I got lucky. Was only the secodn one i looked at. First one had racing slicks and a rollbar. Guy told me it was a daily driver.......yeah even when I was 19 I didnt believe that

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I paid 6K for my 92 LX. 81,000 miles. Perfect original sheet metal and paint, couple small dents. Perfect interior, but...monster tach on the dash! Was converted from 5-speed to C4 auto, aluminum drive shaft, 3:73's, P heads, GT-40 tubular intake, Ford Racing headers, full exhaust. Fun car!

Attachments

• stang1.jpg
    stang1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 116
  • stang2.jpg
    stang2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 97
  • stang3.jpg
    stang3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 117
For some of these cars less info is better. The seller knows there are a ton of issues. Good pictures would prob reveal some bodywork. They figure someone will see the ad and hope for the best. When they come take a look at the car they will negotiate. Otherwise no one will even bother to go take a look.

heck if i go out to see it and its a pile of crap the only thing it will do is piss me off. if i offer any money it will be next to nothing. had it happen with a red GT from Levittown, PA . looked good in pictures but i could tell it was POS from my car when i pulled up.. guy seemed surprised when i left..lol

Nice work on your find. Last time I bought a used mustang was when i was 19 (13 years ago). I got lucky and bought the second one I looked at. The first one had a roll cage and slicks. Seller told me it was daily driver. Even at 19 I didnt believe that crap. Best bet is to be patient. I am pretty certain I'll find something in a month if I watch ebay and CL like a hawk. Plus, I gotta clean out the garage first. I have 15 pieces of sheetrock in there that need to be hung before I can park my project mustang in there. Will try and bang that out this weekend.

Let's be fare though. If you were shopping for a Mustang, what would you pay for one like yours?

If i were going to buy "mine" i'd probably pay close to 7. But like the OP and most of the guys posting here, i wouldn't pay more then 5 for one that needed some work. Mine really needs nothing so thats why i think it would fetch more? Someone who has always wanted one of these cars and doesn't know how to work on them would probably snatch it for 6500 at the very least?

I have been searching alot on ebay. For something that is museum quality with less then 20k miles it can go for 10k+. Great condifion 50k+ miles or so will go for 7k+. Anything thats 100k miles or more depends on the condition. Anything needing sreious work is below 3.5k. Decent condition needing minor work looks like 4 - 6k. I see alot of people asking ridiculous prices. These cars never move. No one wants to pay 15k for your worked over mustang with 100k plus miles. Well.....maybe I should state it like this. No one who has 15k in cash is willing to purchase your car for that amount. Are people really that delusional. There are tons of these for sale. Who in their right mind would pay what some people are asking. Just do a cars.com or autotrader search. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user
No one wants to pay 15k for your worked over mustang with 100k plus miles. Well.....maybe I should state it like this. No one who has 15k in cash is willing to purchase your car for that amount. Are people really that delusional. There are tons of these for sale. Who in their right mind would pay what some people are asking. Just do a cars.com or autotrader search. Ridiculous.

lol.. its like that is most of the car hobby, people can ask whatever they want for a car but it doesn't mean it will ever sell. i don't know about mustang prices but i do know in the mopar world prices have dropped a ton but guys are still trying to get prices from years ago when they were crazy high. their stuff isn't moving.

when i was looking for my mustang i wanted an unmolested one. i didn't want any modifications not even a cold air intake. my main concern was a clean body and a good running driveline.

Yeah, unmolested would be great. Whatever I do get will be going back to stock. Throwing bolt ons on was fun when i was younger. Now what I want and what any collector wants is nostalgia. Alot of people wanna go for a ride in a car from their youth and they want it to be just like it rolled off the assembly line (gotta have a cat back though).

Around here Fox Mustangs are snapped up at stupid prices unless they are total junk.

Mine is fairly rough, and I emailed on it when the Craigslist ad was only 5 minutes old, the seller already had 17 other appointments to look at the car before I made my appointment. The only reason I got the car is because I showed up for my appointment 1.5 hours early and rushed the deal as 3 other parties were showing up. I got the title in hand just as the others were trying to start a bidding war. The seller was totally flustered and taken by surprise.

There are deals out there though. My friend picked up a 1990 GT vert which had 60,000 miles and completely rust free. has a nice top, nice interior, good paint, runs great. Has shift kit, gears, rear end girdle, cold ac and he got it for $4200. It was on craigslist for about a week. Since this picture he has buffed the paint and the car looks new now!

Ronsvert.jpg