what are the best 4 lug Cobra R wheels to get? (I did search)

bcmbcmbcm

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jan 29, 2003
Has anyone heard of OE Racing? They have a bunch on eBay and seem to make Corvette and Audi Wheels. What about the Ford Racing wheels? (have they been discontinued by the way?)

They are all more or less the same price, and I don't care about originality (I have perfect 10 holes for that!), so I am looking for the best (lightest, truest, etc.) I can get.

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

The OE wheels like 87GT Drop Top has have been getting pretty good reviews. I like the qaulity of an oem wheel and have FRPP wheels and got them at a discount from steve @ tousley ford. I bought the chrome ones but the satin wheels are 1/2 the cost.
ry%3D400

there are plenty of options.

great so the OE Wheel distributors rims are ok?

That OE Wheels sight 87 droptop is talking about is selling rims from OE Wheel distributors.

The price of satin FRPP rims are about the same as powdercoated and polished (lips) rims from OE Wheel distributors. I would prefer the polished looks, but might spring for the Chrome FRPP if there is a noticable difference in quality.

By the way, are the FRPP rims discontinued in 4 lug? How about 16" FRPP Ponys? The tirerack used to sell them both, now they don't anymore. Just curious.

That OE Wheels sight 87 droptop is talking about is selling rims from OE Wheel distributors.

The price of satin FRPP rims are about the same as powdercoated and polished (lips) rims from OE Wheel distributors. I would prefer the polished looks, but might spring for the Chrome FRPP if there is a noticable difference in quality.

By the way, are the FRPP rims discontinued in 4 lug? How about 16" FRPP Ponys? The tirerack used to sell them both, now they don't anymore. Just curious.

There is a huge difference in quality of an OEM chrome wheel vs most aftermarket.I went back and forth about some other wheels but I wanted chrome and I had some FRPP chrome wheels on another car that even after many hard years just lasted and looked great + my oem chrome wheels on my explorer have lasted very well also.aftermarket satin and most polished wheels not really a problem it's the chrome that can get iffy IMHO. The 4 lug cobra wheel is still available but the 16" pony both polished and satin are discontinued.