What are the gear ratios for the T5?

• Sponsors (?)

So what IRKS me about my killer 408 CI build is that I am going to buy a trans..g-force b/c I am tired of hearing bout all the install $%^&ing trouble s with the tko. (look it up). and vibrations probs, etc,etc... is that why cant they do the 3.35 insteadof 2.95?? what is the big deal? no one wants to use the 3.35 even if I offer to pay for it!?

The 2.95 is a stronger gear set than the 3.35. That is why they don't offer it.

They won't make you a set because the cost of reprogramming their tooling to make a 3.35 gear set is more than the profit they could make by the few who actually want a 3.35 gear set.

If you run a steeper rear end than stock you shouldn't have a problem with it. I had a little bit of trouble with 3.08s and the 2.87 first gear AND an aluminum flywheel, but it never stalled. After 3.73s I have no trouble at all and I'm really glad I have that gear because with something like 3.35 I'm afraid I would have traction trouble all the time.

If your goal is to keep shorter gears in back, well, I don't really know how to help ya buddy. Good luck!

Note: I just put in my TKO and I have a TINY vibration at 78-82, but before and after it doesn't exist and it's barely noticable. I used a new Ford Racing aluminum DS for a 96+ car (comes with 31 spline slip yoke), no spacer, and a energy suspension tranny mount and those are my results.

Maybe reconsider, or think some more?

Here you go

cookie-monster.jpg

Woot! Mmmmmm cooookieeeeeee!!! :D