what are these?

I'm really torn between these, part of me says they are kick ass and then I start thinking they might not be. Has anyone seen theses on a black stang?

ExportTailsSet_03.jpg

edit:I know they don't show the bezels

Attachments

• ExportTailsSet_03.jpg
    ExportTailsSet_03.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Sponsors (?)

They're export taillights for the 96-98 model years. Here's the best I could find on a 96 Mystic Cobra. I know it's not black, but you'll get the picture by looking at it:

cobraexport.jpg

Hey ... Its your car :D
so
Do what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :banana:

Of course ... in threads such as this one ... you will see those who say ....

"Its not a 94-95 Stang unless you sport the OEM tail lights" :Word:

I do admit to being one of those purest :shrug:

Then again ...

I do kinda poke fun at those Cobra owners who choose to not
run an aftermarket intake and cry ...

"It ain't a Cobra unless it has got the Cobra intake" :nono:

Just goes to show how peeps are strange and funny :eek: :crazy:
and
I just can't get past it :scratch: ... I guess that includes me as well :rlaugh:

Grady

While in Switzerland, I saw a 96-98 Cobra, but it doesn't have those "export" taillights. The owner might have changed them though. It also has an extra pair of mufflers, or maybe even cats. Off topic, but sorta interesting!

P6090527.jpg

P6090528.jpg

P6090529.jpg

Attachments

• P6090527.jpg
    P6090527.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 52
  • P6090528.jpg
    P6090528.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 45
  • P6090529.jpg
    P6090529.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 40
I put 96-98 lights on my car. Sorry if I offend anyone, but despite them being one of the tell tale signs that it's a 5.0, the more I looked at the horizontals, the more I disliked them. Here is a pic of a black car with the export lights. I think they're awesome and would get some if they weren't so hard to find/so expensive.

cunninghamresizenz7.jpg

And some 94-95 export lights in case anyone is curious.

dsc00504smzx6gu1.jpg

Attachments

• cunninghamresizenz7.jpg
    cunninghamresizenz7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 43
  • dsc00504smzx6gu1.jpg
    dsc00504smzx6gu1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 37
I really like the 94-95 export tails and will probably end up with some...someday.

I like how the 99+ cobras had the amber in the tails like the export ones...if you have a 94-95 you could almost pass it off as "stock" since the newer ones are like this.

Ever since this thread was started, I've been looking for some export 96-98 tails. They're impossible to find! Might have to find an Austrailian Ford dealer that's willing to ship overseas...