What are you paying for insurance??

ArkansasMystic

Feb 16, 2007
I am considering getting a mustang, late 90's model. Im 18, and have had one wreck (my fault) back in November. However, the insurance company (farm bureau) said that my insurance would not go up as long as i have no more accidents or violations. I trying to decide between a toyota 4 runner and a mustang (i know, big difference). Insurance is going to determine which i get. I was just wondering your cars year model, your age, and what you pay per month for insurance. Thanks a lot.

• Sponsors (?)

288...Im 27 with 4 speeding tickets since I was 16 and 1 accident 50/50....california rapes us very good
I have a car payment so the company requires me to have FULL COVERAGE...if not it would be 103 a month

I am going to pay cash for whatever i get, so i will more than likely (depending on price difference) just carry liability. Also, please add what coverage you have, i forgot that in the original post. Thanks.

I have a 93 mr2 turbo with PIP and my 2003 mustang gt which is financed with full coverage. I have gone to jail for street racing, but in florida the insurance can't hold that against you if you've paid your dues. So with that being said, I have one ticket, and I'm 20. I pay 255 a month for both cars.

holy crap how do u guys aford that. I pay 75 dollars a month for full coverage on my 04 gt. I am married and 25 though, but I always had mustangs and never payed that much.

Im 24, no accidents or tickets, full coverage $500 deductible.

My cobra is $74 a month and my toyota tundra is $71 a month.
Insurance is always going to be expensive just because its a mustang.

$1800/6mo... And I'm not the primary on the policy either... Only 1 ticket on my record, and 0 points on my license, it's been that high since I was 16. My dad has the policy through his work, some corporate partnership with Allstate or something, but yeah, AS sucks the big one. Pretty much that's the big reason I was gonna sell the car, can't stand getting raped every year for $3600! :nonono:

Damn. I am 26 with one ticket. My car is insured/registered in Washington state (long story), with full coverage and 500 deductibles. Washington has higher rates for some reason. Maybe all the drunks and uninsured drivers here. I don't know. I pay out $140/mo. In Virginia adding max coverages and protection I couldn't get it over $100-110/mo. The same plan I have in Washington is only like $81/mo in Virginia. Some states are higher than others, but I know vehicle age is a factor too. The Toyota will be just as bad as the Mustang. Maybe even more. I figure for liability you'd be paying in the mid-100's.

The mustang would be around a 98 or 99, 4 runner would be 96 or 97 more than likely. I will try to find out what it costs for me on the 90 4 runner so i can see how much more it will be. Do you think it would be much cheaper on a v6 mustang?

I have a 2000 Sunfire and a 2002 Mustang GT. With progressive I pay $300 a month for full coverage on both. I'm 23 and unmarried though. you cant even compare rates with someone over 25 because thats your first big insurance break. But I also am still gettting a good student discount. I have 2 no-fault accidents and 1 speeding ticket. All from like 2004 so they should be off my insurance by mid year. The best rates ive seen on car insurance are American Family and Progressive, but I have a fact most people don't know! I used to work for an insurance company, and insurance companies are all starting to use CREDIT SCORES for insurance now. :bang: The better your credit the better your rate. So just a heads up for those sub-18yr olds out there.