What are you saving your car for?

zookeeper

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2001
Rogue River, Oregon
This a heartbreaking post, but it just proves my point, there are worse things in life than a door ding or rock chip from driving and enjoying your car. These pics are not pretty and you should know that before you look. Of special interest to me was the real '67 GT500 that was crushed. Sickening to say the least. These pics were the result of a tent blowing down at the Russo and Steele (not barret-jackson) in Scottsdale recently. Suppose you had owned one of these cars for years, afraid to drive it because it was too valuable, would you rather this happen to it? Cars are meant to be driven, not hoarded, invested in or auctioned off like cattle.
https://sites.google.com/a/allclassicsllc.com/www/home/2010-russo-and-steele-damages
View this at your own risk...

• Sponsors (?)

All I can say is damn that freakin sucks. What a shame. I don't know why people are saving their classics in storage etc. I do not see the point to show car trailer queens unless its something extremely rare or 1 of a kind. If I had any of those cars in that slide show, I would at least drive once a month.

I remember seeing a car on ebay a few years back that suffered horrible damage. It was a '67 fastback GT with a 390/ 4spd, all the options, and perfect and high-dollar restoration. It's owner ddn't want to risk his "investment" on the road, so it was trailered from show-to-show. In an ironic twist of fate, the straps came loose and the car slid around in the trailer from many miles before the guy checked it out. It was demolished. Both sides were trash, fenders, hood, trunk, you name it and was garbage. It honestly looked like it had been in a demo derby. Personally, I prefer to drive it and take my chances, but that's just me...