What are your fastest 1/4 mile times on street tires?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, it's a 1000' time and I can't remember what it was, but it translated into high 11.80's/ low 11.90's. Dunlop GT Qualifiers in a 255/75/15 on a 3225# '68 coupe with a 4.33 gear, C4 with a shift kit and an approx. 400 hp 302, no power adders. We ran against a yellow Camaro with a 400/400 combo that was running 10.80's on the same sized tire.

Almost forgot, home made traction bars, hit on the torque boxes. Battery in trunk. See pics on my webpage, look at Kevin's car.

14.4 at 96mph

thats on bfg radials standard street tires (245/60/14)
open rearend
3.89 gear.

no suspension mods to speak of...springs, swaybars, and underride traction bars (shelby style) etc but thats it.

lots of spin....first gear is almost useless and I have to hit second soft. I have just upgraded to a traction loc so we will see what that does to my times.

street tires

I swear on my manhood I saw a magazine article wiith a carb'd late model. 10.76 at like 134 on 18's with low pro's. This 302 was sinfully wicked. 17 pounds of boost on STOCK rods!! He had the carb before the supercharger to avoid destroying the carb. It was dyno'd @ 714.1. Wheels or flywheel I don't know. Either way!!!! I'll see if I can find it. The old lady threw some of my old mags away cause "They were old!!" Almost got a divorce over that one hehehe.

10secgoal said:
I swear on my manhood I saw a magazine article wiith a carb'd late model. 10.76 at like 134 on 18's with low pro's. This 302 was sinfully wicked. 17 pounds of boost on STOCK rods!! He had the carb before the supercharger to avoid destroying the carb. It was dyno'd @ 714.1. Wheels or flywheel I don't know. Either way!!!! I'll see if I can find it. The old lady threw some of my old mags away cause "They were old!!" Almost got a divorce over that one hehehe.

my buddy told me about that one :rlaugh: badass :nice:

As the signature says.... 12.8@112 mph on BFG radials. This is with 2.06 60' time, and a lot of 1 & 2nd gear wheel spin. Its with a 4spd close ratio toploader, 4:11 gears, pump gas, and street suspension. The engine is a 342" SBF stroker.