What Backspacing on wheels....

Cobra1894

Oct 7, 2003
Broken Arrow, OK
I plan on getting some aftermarket wheels (A.Z.A. Z-2) with the following backspacing (F 18x8.5 - 5x114.3 - 35 - HL R 18x9.5 - 5x114.3 - 45 - HL). What backspacing is recommended for this wheel size? I have searched other threads and could not find my answer. I want the rear wheel to have a deep dish or Lip and both wheels need to be as close to the outer fender as possible without issues. Any help on this matter would be great.

By the way does anyone know anything about A.Z.A wheels? They are fairly cheap but I dont want something that will bend or flake!!! Your thoughts...

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

well, i can help with the backspacing question. the 35mm offset fronts will sit them right at the edge of the fenderwell like you want, but the 45mm offset rear will tuck under the car a little. we have 18x9's all the way around on ours, with a 45mm offset and they tuck under the car, how did we remedy that you might ask, used 255/45/18 in the front and 295/45/18 in the rear, and it sits and looks great. of course, i am biased, since it's our car, but you should be fine with those backspacings.

now, here's what i go by when buying wheels/tires. just because something is "cheap" don't make it good. trust me on this. i recently had a set of ASA AR-1's that weren't really all that cheap, but they were out of round just enough to cause a vibration. fortunately, the company i bought them from was willing to refund my money for them. tires are the same way, if the tire is cheap, there is a reason for it, bad quality, not enough tread life, and so on and so on. do yourself a favor, shop around for "good" quality wheels, you will be glad you did in the long run...