What battery are you using?

• Sponsors (?)

What else. Motorcraft. My stock battery lasted 7 years. Of course this is'nt exactly a cold weather state. The battery I used in the midwest were always pretty heavy duty. At least like 650CCA. Cold weather drains the hell out of them when it's below zero.

I have red tops in everything except the wife's 67. The one in my Dart is over ten years old and the one in my Fox is six years old. They are both still cranking good too.

I know Johnson Controls is the largest out of the main battery manufacturers in the US. Exide, Delphi and Interstate are the others, I think. Johnson Makes: Optima, Advance, Sears, Autozone, Wal Mart, NAPA, Pep Boys, some European specific brand names, Kirkland (Costco), and Motorcraft. I believe those are most of the brand names they make

Just didn't want to drop $200 on an Optima since I'm currently unemployed. Maybe later down the line.

Car stays in FL so CCA isn't that big of a deal.

So you spend half the money for a battery that is only going to last a couple years...? Shop around and I'll bet you can find a good deal on an Optima for only a little more than a cheap battery.

Here in FL batteries last 2 years typically.
This past month we replaced ALL three batteries in my Mach, my wife's Pathfinder, and just last weekend in my son's 92 5.0L vert. Fortunately all 3 were under warranty.

I had a Diehard (didn't these used to be good batteries?) in my Mach - lasted exactly 2 years.

Here in FL batteries last 2 years typically.
This past month we replaced ALL three batteries in my Mach, my wife's Pathfinder, and just last weekend in my son's 92 5.0L vert. Fortunately all 3 were under warranty.

I had a Diehard (didn't these used to be good batteries?) in my Mach - lasted exactly 2 years.

Does that include Optimas? My battery goes from extremely warm temps to extremely cold temps and never fails. Hot areas are just as hard on batteries as cold areas are. Diehard used to be good but not anymore. I paid $135 for mine and I think you can still find them around that price.

When I worked in an auto parts store the number one battery to come in dead was EverStarts. We got a lot of Die Hards too. They don't do well in varying conditions like here. I never saw an Optima come in but I sure sold a lot of them.