what battery

• Sponsors (?)

Red tops have have a larger CCA rating and yellow tops function more like a deep cycle (good if you have lots of stereo equip or something). There's no real difference in sizes or what have you. Red top is a red top and so on.

so red top will be best bet since im not running major electronics and wont be
rather hear my engine hum then bass boom
i just hate when i put on vent or defrost and battery dies
and at idle my battery meter pulses like my battery is ***T!

I have an Optima Red Battery in my stang. Cost: $120, but there is a reason for why it is expensive and this because of how well it performs. You can pick one up just about anywhere, I have an AutoZone where I live which pretty much sells just Optima Batteries.

i have a dyna-batt in mine, used to have a red top but those damn things are so heavy, the dyna batt has the same CCA as the optima but at a fourth the weight. And as a side note it's made by the same people who made the battery in my plane, i trust it.

i have a old optima red top(800 cca). been using it for around 5-7 years. plus i had it for about two years before i put it in the car. still seems to be working fine for me. the size of my optima doesn't fit to well in the tray, so i dunno if there is one the will fit in the stock tray or not.

well i got a red top all installed and i tell you my car cranks quicker im very happy with it
it dont quite fit in stock tray but its in and semi sturdy with a little mod i did. looks clean i put new terminal conectors in black and red ones looks 100 times better then the old corroded ones i had in.

1EVIL88VERT said:
i have a dyna-batt in mine, used to have a red top but those damn things are so heavy, the dyna batt has the same CCA as the optima but at a fourth the weight. And as a side note it's made by the same people who made the battery in my plane, i trust it.

I've been wanting to get one of these since I first saw them advertised. my car is also my daily driver though, I know these dry cells hold up to storage very well but how well do they hold up to daily driving duties?

Scones said:
I've been wanting to get one of these since I first saw them advertised. my car is also my daily driver though, I know these dry cells hold up to storage very well but how well do they hold up to daily driving duties?
i have not had any problems with mine...but the only extra amp draw i have is an electric fan, my opinion...if you have big stereo go with optima, if you are a racer go with dyna-batt...it just weighs soooooo much less and is only a third the size.

I had a Dyna batt and it worked great for a little bit and the my car sat for two weeks while I was working on it and for some stupid reason I did not disconnect the battery and when I went to start it back up it was dead. I charged it, but it wouldn't charge enough to start the car. I finally just got an optima red top and it's great. I did love the weight savings with the dyna batt though.

odyssey pc680 is much better than a dynabatt! its the same weight, size and only costs around 60 bucks plus it comes with a warranty! check them out on ebay. very trusted in the racing industry....been around for a while

Drew