what brand/style cat-back should i get for the 01 GT?

SigmaPride said:
Ahhh...you remind me of myself convincing the wife I need a shifter and that is it. I actually believed that myself at the time. The shifter then became the catback....then the midpipe...then pulleys...then the tb/plenum...tuner....each time she gets more pissed. Good luck bud.
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: I know that feeling as well, if my wife really knew how much money has gone into my car I would be in big trouble!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

on the stock midpipe, the SLP LMI would sound pretty good.. But if you do plan on going with a new one, you can still get the LMI's but after u change the midpipe all you gotta do is order the LMII or Powerflow resonators.. the SLP O/R X and LMII combo is one of the best i've heard.. LOTS better than the Stingers on a 2V.. now Stingers on a 4V, that's where it's at :drool:

I have the Magnaflow SS kit on my 96 Cobra and it's ok. I have a full Bassani exhaust on my Lightning and everything about it is better. I have had a lot of cars and have bought a lot of exhaust systems and nothing fits as well as a Bassani System. I have never had a problem with one. The only draw back is the price.

right on then....i appreciate all the input. Its funny how many of us are on the short chain with the Mrs. of the household. for those of you not married....you'll understand one day, then find yourself looking at the single guys thinking "i remember when i was young, dumb and full of...." yea. but anyway, thanks again for everyone's input....give me a few weeks and i'll have the Cat-back...then maybe with a little pursueding, i might just be able to get another little something here and there. :flag: thank you gentlemen (and any ladies in the croud)

Stryker

Speak for yourself. I promised no more cars and bought both my Lightning and my Cobra right after I told my wife that I wouldn't buy anymore vehicles. Then I bought myself a brand new dirtbike, modded the L, and bought a Vortech for the Cobra. The trick is to make your wife think that she has you by the nuts....my balls belong to no woman!

edit: I checked you info, you're only 22 and you are "on the short chain" already. Dude, that will not last long. 22....you are young, dumb, and full of it! I mean that in a laughing with you not at you sort of way. I speak from experience, my wife and I have been togethter for over 10 years. You are way to young for that.

....oh yeah, like I said before. The Bassani stuff is the best bar none. It's quality is unsurpassed and it fits like factory.

QDRHRSE, i am only 22, going on 30 though. you tend to grow up a bit faster being in the USAF, not to mention getting ready to deploy over to the desert. and the "short chain", it isnt all that bad. i figured out if you give them that, then youll still get what you want, just without the arguing. :p. nhard feelings either...i laugh at myself all the time. :)

Save some coin and have a shop weld in the mufflers of your choice. You'll save a couple hundred and still get the sound you want. Now you can show her how much money you saved Or spend that saved money on a shifter.

Everyone is going to tell you to go with what they have on their car.

Exhaust is all about personal preference. WHat one person LOVES, another person will HATE.

I only suggest you listen around and see if you can find a car with a setup that YOU like

I went with a newer company, have had them on for well over a year now, and am totally satisfied. Go to www.sss-exhaust.com and check it out. They have sound clips and what not on ere too. Easy install, and great prices.

they sound pretty good, i like that they are small and post customer sound vids means they have to make good products to make a good name for themselves. Make sure you listen to the GT sound clips, and not the Mach 1 tho

Everyone is going to tell you to go with what they have on their car.

Exhaust is all about personal preference. WHat one person LOVES, another person will HATE.

I only suggest you listen around and see if you can find a car with a setup that YOU like

Not always true, i don't always recommend a magnapack - especially depending on the mid-pipe. But it is true in the sense people with o/r BBK x's and LM1/2's always recommend their set-up when IMO (and many other's opinions) it's too popcorn poppy and too loud/annoying