what can I do 2 make it faster?

Hi there I whant to know what other part can I do to make my sd 88 stang faster. I already have alumenum pullys intake uper and lower intake 70m trottle body and spacer headers hpipe full exhaust 373 gears 255fp a fuel preside regulator msd wires cap and coil alumenum raydiator short shifter pheno spacer. That's all I can think of right know I'm in the proses of geting a nitrous kit but just whant a little more before geting into heads and cam. Timing is set a bit higher so that's been done.

• Sponsors (?)

The idea behind a hot cam is that it makes the car go faster. Having a cam with lumpy idle and poor low speed performance makes it a dog to drive around town in stop and go traffic. It probably won't go any faster than a milder cam with better low speed characteristics.

A car will run better when the cam and heads are matched together in terms of airflow and RPM. A hot cam and heads with small ports just makes the car annoying to drive. It will chug and lurch down the road until the RPMs come up past 2500-3000. By that time you are smashed into the back of the car in front of you. When you do get the RPMs up, you can't get enough airflow through the heads to for the cam to provide the extra power.

jrichker is dead on. don't buy the cam without heads first. that'd be throwing good money after bad. Bang for the buck is a nice set of aluminum heads I recommend in the following order AFRs, Trick flow twisted wedges, Edelbrock RPMs, and FMS GT40X heads as I've seen nice gains with all of them.

Hi there I whant to know what other part can I do to make my sd 88 stang faster. I already have alumenum pullys intake uper and lower intake 70m trottle body and spacer headers hpipe full exhaust 373 gears 255fp a fuel preside regulator msd wires cap and coil alumenum raydiator short shifter pheno spacer. That's all I can think of right know I'm in the proses of geting a nitrous kit but just whant a little more before geting into heads and cam. Timing is set a bit higher so that's been done.

You could start by doing a spellcheck ;). Which upper and lower intake do you have? It sounds like heads/cam are the next step but it would be nice to know the answer to the last question.

Couple things, first remember when typing in a forum that you aren't sending a text message, while we are car guys that still doesn't mean ignore all grammar. It's hard to take someone serious when they don't take asking their question serious.

Second, forget the nitrous, it's a short term solution that burns a hole in your pocket faster than any other modifications.

I'd consider a mass air conversion next, no it won't net you any performance, but it will allow you to add better parts in the future.

Couple things, first remember when typing in a forum that you aren't sending a text message, while we are car guys that still doesn't mean ignore all grammar. It's hard to take someone serious when they don't take asking their question serious..

my exact thought! yea id save up for a build like AFR heads and Anderson cam like stated above, that would be a good street machine!

Bump timing up to 14 degrees. Maybe an electric fan, i gained .2 from a elec fan. Your looking at 10 hp give or take right there for about 150 if you go with a proform electric fan from Summit and bumping the timing will give you ehhhhh maybe 5 hp??