What Can I Expect From A 99gt Vortech

99GT 2v vortech S-trim with powercooler (air to water intercooler), crower cams (something like 570 lift, 224ish duration), X-pipe with I believe high flow cats and short tube headers. I'm looking at buying this car, it feels real strong in 2nd (1st it just spins) but for some reason 3rd and 4th not so much. Maybe it's the relatively narrow power band (all up top). Not sure what pulley is on it, it was making around 7 psi most of the RPM band hitting I think 10 way up at around 5-6k.

I'm hoping it's faster than my 2000 ls1 crumaro otherwise why buy it?

• Sponsors (?)

The car is putting down somewhere in the low to mid 400's with the intercooler and cams. The shorty headers won't offer anything. I have a non intercooled and stock motored Vortech with stock pulley and only have a TB and Plenum and an OR Xpipe. I put down 380/378 here in Florida muggyiness. It may not hit hard like a turboed car but it definitely pulls, especially if you are running through the gears. My car can keep up with modded CTS V's and turboed Hondas and Subaru's, plus it has autocross suspension and run flats. The car could also use a good tune and probably a good set of spark plugs too.

put longtubes on it, and you will sh** at the difference the car will probably pick up like 40-50 with longtubes on a boosted car

Yea, that would be the case with any blown car with stock or shorty headers. It's on my list, but just left my job last week and more focused on that. I'd love to throw a K member and longtubes on it at the same time and coilovers etc. But that will have to wait.

I should specify what kind of E/Ts and traps (mainly care about traps) that I could expect with this car? And no it's not getting longtubes or stupid :poo: like that, it passes smog currently here in CA and that's a rare thing for modded mustangs for sale....

I should specify what kind of E/Ts and traps (mainly care about traps) that I could expect with this car? And no it's not getting longtubes or stupid **** like that, it passes smog currently here in CA and that's a rare thing for modded mustangs for sale....
If the car is running good it should trap higher than 115mph but that depends on a lot of things.

My buddy has a stock 04 with a vortech v3 about 10 psi, and automatic best he went was 12.9 at 109, theyre pretty choked up, but with 5 speed tires tb plenum and good driving cams and intercooler id say it traps about 115

and you asked why it doesnt pull through third and fourth, i answered because your missing that stupid sh** you called longtubes.....

Just because a car passes emissions now doesn't mean the owner didn't have someone to get it passed or if the car is at a less than shady place they didn't just pass it to sell it. It will be alot of fun however if you do get/already have it however just not my cup of tea for forced induction.

I don't know of any high flow cat/x-pipe combo's that are actually CA smog legal. I am pretty sure there aren't any. And the only smog legal short tube headers I know of are the JBA ones He probably had someone smog it who didn't care about the visual part of the inspection. Be prepared to either use his smog guy or swap factory h-pipe and headers on every two years when you smog it.